StarWraith Games

Darkling

I was perusing over at Lancers Reactor to see if there's any new mods out for Freelancer, when I saw these games by StarWraith. Apparently, Shadows of Orion is what made them, and that's now out for free. In addition, they have Evocron Alliance 2, for those who like the whole Privateer/Freelancer type games, and Arvoch Conflict for those who like a more "Wing Commander" type game.

From what I see, the graphics suck but the "Newtonian Physics" and a bunch of other cool aspects might make this worthwhile. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever played these games, and if so, what's your opinion on them?

I have Evochron Alliance 2.0.

the graphics realy sucks. The game could be great, but in general i give up from it. Some things like, you docked at a station and the "enemys" or pirates continue to shot you, besides you are docked don┬┤t make sense for me. The seamless space to planetary transiction is very poor. The planets lenght are so smal and there is nothing to do in planet surface, it┬┤s just like dock with a spation station. The space portion of the game like trade system is good, but every system are so ugly,and looks like the same. I play for a few weeks and give up.

the combat gameplay are good and the shields effects when you are hit or when you hit the enemy im my opnion are the best portion of the game.

But like i said before i dont┬┤see any reason to play it again.

it┬┤s just my opinion, maybe someone have other different and better.