What it is....and isn't

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

"New multiplayer transport kernel"....can someone tell me what exactly this is? Will this help fix some of the lag problems currently in UC?

....as suspected, here come the utterly silly questions. Have you NOT been paying attention to ALL the recent multiplayer discussions? One of which is a CLEARLY featured topic in the tech support area?

And lag (which I can't do anything about) has nothing to do with your multiplayer problems. You're on a 56K modem fer crissakes and thus you have no business being on a Net mp server with more than 2-4 players.

quote:

Originally posted by Fuller:

Ok, here goes.

1. Will the capability of sending an away party of marines to an enemy ship be implemented?

2. Can I capture and control enemy ships?

Please, please say it is so SC.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no to both questions. You will have to wait for Battlecruiser Next Generation for that. And the SC has only talked about wanting to do it for BNG, no promises were made.

quote:

Originally posted by Fuller:

Ok, here goes.

1. Will the capability of sending an away party of marines to an enemy ship be implemented?

2. Can I capture and control enemy ships?

Please, please say it is so SC.

Which part of the PDF file linked to in the products info page in my first post in this thread, was unclear? Did you see ANY mention of the above in it? No, I didn't think so.

• 1 month later...

Has the "full control for naval assets" actually been implemented and tested? To be honest, I was a little disappointed that UC did not have this, and I would like a little reassurance before I buy yet another title.

Edit: old sig removed from profile.

• 1 month later...

Wetware. Believe me, I have asked. It seems in UC it was put in, like many other things, as a 'show' item, and its uncontrollable, even though the game advertised Land,Sea, Air, Space controllable, its only Land, Air, Space (main focus). Maybe this was some clever marketting ploy to get anticipation for the next of the UC series, by implementing the features into the next installment. But seeing as SC isnt a big, greedy international gaming company that doesnt give a damn about its game quality & only about money *cough* Brat Designs *cough*, I dont think he meant for it to be a good way to get good marketting & advertising. Though its working that way Very clever and tact SC. I say, Touche. & I will spend money on the next installment......because I like to spend money

quote:

Originally posted by Darkness Incarnate:

Maybe this was some clever marketting ploy to get anticipation for the next of the UC series, by implementing the features into the next installment.

uhm, no. The game was rushed out and that was one of the features that was cut. This happens all the time with games, whereby features are cut. Nothing new about this I don't think.

Apart from that, for a $19.99 game that is chock full of other useful features, well, what's there for anyone to complain about?

• 3 weeks later...

I agree UC,

...start fanboy comment...

All 3000ad titles have been chock full of features never seen before in 1 single title. Take Battlezone II. It was said to have cooperative gameplay on the box..., nada. But, did people complain?, a little, did it last?, yes.

UC was a bargain for $20. Count me in on UCWA.

...end fanboy comment...

• 2 weeks later...