New Movies Released!!

Supreme Cmdr

Nothing will prepare you for this.

There is no action going on because that was not the purpose of this movie. It was barely to show the lighting fx, graphics engine upgrade, hyperspace fx, hyperjump fx, cloaking fx etc.

[ 12-18-2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

That's fantastic! I always thought the HS transition could use a little spiffing up, looks great now! Cloaking too!

...and I can't believe you're going to make me upgrade my 1.7ghz Sempron processor to play this game! Oh well, these are the sacrifices we must make for our habit...

Guest BaBaBooey

Wow... nice.

Will all of the crew art be changed? I saw some new faces in the boxes that pop up indicating crew banter, looked to be just the guys though. Maybe the graphics engine will also take care of some of the homely women we have onboard HAHAH. The ladies of battlecruiser are some fugly broads.

quote:

Originally posted by BaBaBooey:

Wow... nice.

Will all of the crew art be changed?

Yes. Their 3D models (for fp mode) as well. I have thus far only integrated some of them. I have other important things to do and messing around with 2D bitmaps is at very bottom of the food chain

I'm a new comer here...

Just downloaded and watched the movie.That's really incredible.The hyper jump just like the wrapping in Star Trek.Beautiful and amazing.Well done to the dev. team.

Awesome.

quote:

In addition, 3000 AD has informed us that the company has signed a worldwide multi-title deal with an unnamed publisher. One of the games in the deal will be A World Apart.

I must have missed that announcment. I didn't see it in the news section.

quote:

Originally posted by Thor Chan:

I'm a new comer here...

Just downloaded and watched the movie.That's really incredible.The hyper jump just like the wrapping in Star Trek.Beautiful and amazing.Well done to the dev. team.

First off, welcome to the world of UC..

Second off, dont say dev team, say SC or Derek Smart. ^.^

Will keep you from being

Back on topic.

I just watched the movie.... Oooohhh I do belive I have wet myself.

Ooooooooohhhhh god I love it all... The hyper jump, the ship models oh the detail.. and the shiny I like shiny! And.. the planet..

DEREK R MY GODH

• 1 month later...

I have just released a 181MB 18min DivX movie showing space combat shots (special fx, explosions etc) etc.

Other previously unreleased movies (featuring the new chracter models - including the demise of Resnig) have also been made available.

All movies are available via Bittorrent. The tracker URL is:

http://www.3000adtorrents.dyndns.org:6969/

Suggested Bittorrent clients (assuming you don't have one already)

Azureus (Java based). This is the one I use.

Yet Another Bittorrent Client

Shareaza

If running WinXP SP2, be sure to read this and this.

FYI, I need to seed those downloads or no Bittorrent client will be able to download. Going to sort that out now and will post when its all done.

EDIT: I think its fine now; though it looks like the Azureus tracker no longer works without a plugin. Oh well, I tried. Find a client with a working tracker and see if you can download the files.

[ 01-14-2005, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Here are the torrent file links. If you have your client installed, simply click on a link and select open. Your browser will then launch your Bittorrent client.

ucAWA_movie_113004

ucAWA_movie_010705a

ucAWA_movie_010705b

ucAWA_movie_011305a

[ 01-23-2005, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Its working fine (fast compared to what I usually get 60k/s) but I dont think you should take the time to put them up. Unless you have alot of people who want it at one time of course. Ive been seeding it for a while and have only uploaded about 2 megs worth of data. Eh... but id rather use bt than sit in line at fileplanet or something.... Ah well, your choice.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

(featuring the new chracter models - including the demise of Resnig)

Oh no, I just re-read that. Say it ain't soooooo. No more Resnig! It's going to be a lonely galaxy with no one to blame anymore for one's troubles.

Anyway, movie 010705a looks good. The character models are great as are the the other models including the weapons. When you were pointing the different weapons at everyone, I was waiting with anticipation for the head shot on at least one of 'em . Pretty good preview so far can't wait to get the last two files.

quote:

Everyone had better learn how to use Bittorrent because thats how the demos are going to be released.

Not a problem at my end (even though I only started tinkering with it again about a month and a half ago). Bittorent is the way to go. Much better now than in the very begining of it and much better than downloading off of download sites.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

When you were pointing the different weapons at everyone, I was waiting with anticipation for the head shot on at least one of 'em .

...I guess you haven't seen the Resnig head shot one yet?

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

When you were pointing the different weapons at everyone, I was waiting with anticipation for the head shot on at least one of 'em .

...I guess you haven't seen the Resnig head shot one yet?

Heh, I have just watched the clip 010705b. "Poor resnig alas we knew you all too well". Actually, looks like you were going quite postal in that clip. The last guy you shot (Tommy Brooks) is good doing a complete 360 spin with the head shot.