Offline/Local Server & Clients

twobombs

Hello ppl,

Having moved from Netherlands to this worderfull sunny South Africa with lions & elephants a mere 15 min drive away, I am a bit bandwith impaired; so i've got this idea to run a local server where clients can connect to.

Is this possible/wise ? Please bear in mind that a 128kbit stream is a very big luxury here and pingtimes to the states/EU are sometimes well above 3 seconds. Australia however is fine; less bandwith congestion; so a an online multiplayer session wont be much fun I recon ?

Tnx,

2Bombs

Having read the faq http://www.3000ad.com/gamecq/ucmpfaq.html a lot of my questions have been answered; however when I would like to run a dedicated server and then connect a client to it I need to purchase two (2) copies of the game.

I see that I've received my first key, can I buy an extra key (not the whole package again) ? Not looking for a bargain, just looking for an extra key without the hussle of sending the same package across the globe.

Signing off,

2Bombs

Wait. You already HAVE a copy of UCAWA already? If not, what key are you talking about?

Anyway, because of how the copy protection works, you need two copies of the game. Or you can install both the client and server on the same machine.

I have received the 1st key for UCAWA through email when I ordered the UCAWA game yesterday; the physical media will arrive here in 3 weeks or so.

As I won't need the extra media when I want to run a second instance of UCAWA; i'll need a second key (or third for that matter) but not a second or third set of media.

Some software media outlets call it a virtual product, as it's only a key; software is already downloaded or otherwise in the posession of the user.

Btw: thanks derek for the continueing overall support in all those years ; these days it *really* is scarse, a lot of people are in the software biz/buz just to fill their pockets; but you already know that for more then a decade....