Communications

Leodegrance

no, it's not and never has been possible in any BC/UC game. The Communications computer is for reading reports from your crew and for incoming scripted messages. There's no way to communicate with AI characters other than to give them orders (when you reach a high enough rank).

Whether this will ever be implemented in a future release, only SC can tell you that. All we know is that it would take a huge amount of work to implement a worthwhile conversation feature (that's not just choose set responses from a menu, which gets boring quickly)

Welcome to the forums and our little galaxy, by the way

quote:

Originally posted by Leodegrance:

Is there any way to communicate with other ships/bases/planets when in single player mode?

I searched Manuals and Key-List but I found anything.

No

quote:

In case there isn't, do you think this feature could be part of future releases?

Let me know

No

Thank you Ben! If this forum is good as the game I'm sure I'll stay here for a long time.

Thank you also to Derek.

I hope you didn't get offenced by my question...

I think UC AWA is a great game, but I don't' know it so well (I purchased it only last friday) and I was just asking.

By the way, is there anyone who is localizing UC AWA for Italian yet? if not, how can I localize it?

Let me know.

quote:

Originally posted by Leodegrance:

By the way, is there anyone who is localizing UC AWA for Italian yet? if not, how can I localize it?

Dennymala is the resident Italian member of 3000AD. You can usually find a current post of his in the Prime Fleet section ... click on his name to call up his profile and, from there, you can send him a PM.

Edit: ... or just check the post above mine.