Quick question on NPC "Flee" Order

Steve Schacher

Is the NPC "Flee" order supposed to have NPC's leave a planet or fly towards the planet? I'm trying to remember whether earlier titles had a "colonize" order (or something similar) that had NPC's enter a planet.

In UCAWA, I see many NPC's flying towards planets with a "Flee" order, and I just want to make sure that I understand this properly, "Flee" means enter a planet, as in flee the space zone?

Guest Malmaison

I've noticed this too.

It seems that most of the AG NPCs either "flee" or "RTB" when they are spawned. Some even spawn and just sit there and have no target at all.

Even if you target them in a CC or with fighters, they don't respond or react. They just go boom!

Anyone else seen this?

They will do that if they don't find anything interesting to do instead of littering the world by just lingering around. e.g. if raiders show up and don't see anything to attack, they will leave after a few mins of loitering in the region.

And NPCs are auto-generated in any part of the region. Also the planet is a perfectly valid location to flee to; just as they try to when returning to a station.

Sheesh, it has been this way since BC3K.