Engineering items?

Kamen

It seems to me that any good engineering deck on a ship, especially a self sufficient ship, would have some kind of machine shop where parts could be manufactured as needed, and that any good engineer would have at least some practice fabricating his own replacement parts.

How about a list similar to the tradecom with spare parts, each part requiring an amount of several normal or repair minerals, or other components, as well as the engineers AI level to be at a certain %. ie, you cant just make a new main computer from raw titanium, you gotta manufacture the microprocessors and worm drives and such first. Then it takes time to make the part just like a repair operation.

Worst case scenario: Your engine, flight deck, and comms system get scrapped in a fight, you are dead in space, cant call for a tow and cant launch your own. Self destruct? No, take what you have on board and fix the bloody thing! ... if you live that long.

How about it SC? How does this idea fit into your vision?

This is a good idea indeed, but I fear the answer will be no at least for UCAWA.

Maybe a good suggestion for something to implement in UCO.

Not only is it a terrible idea, but I also made it clear that I wasn't adding any new features to this series and that the special edition (aka Gold) version of the game would be the last in the series and not have any new features either.