Questions...

Kyzo

Just some questions about the game, from a newb like me who got the game not long ago off D2D, and read the manual, then took his heavy cruiser in ROAM right into combat. I did good... before the missles came. Then they disabled my ship, then they left. Took me a while to get the ship back online but eventualy the engines where back, and so where some more fighters, that disabled my ship seemingly beyond repair. Luckily I had sent off a tow signal. Though it seemed to take a while for anyone to come. So being the impatient commander that I am I jumped out of the cruiser to fly around a bit. After some flying I turned around and saw my ship being towed away, joy!. Unfortunatly It hyperdrived away with my ship leaving me stranded...

anyway...

1. Whats the difference between UC:Gold (or special edition) and UC: AWA?

2. What can I do in ROAM mode? (tried landing on earth once but barely had a CC left in space)

3. Is there water crafts in UC: AWA?

4. How do I rank up (in the military), and what type of ranks are they?

5. And finally what could I have done in the situation poorly descriped at the top?

Thanks

5. Use your EMD missile jammer when in combat to stop the missiles coming at you. Instead of calling for a tow, launch one of your shuttle craft (if any of them are still functioning) and have it tow you to the nearest station, since that is free and you have total control over which station to aim for, which route to take and when to stop and come back for you if you happen to somehow get left behind

Alternatively, join a fleet and have them train you up so you can avoid getting so beat up in the first place

that any help?

I have read the manual (most of it anyway ), and the product info and I just want to be sure of the differences between games. Mostly I just want to see if there is a point in getting UC:AWA and UC. So according to the manual there are no water crafts (ships) in UC:AWA since it is not mentioned.

and for 5. My shuttles were destroyed and so was my launch computer, and I was flying around in First Person in the middle of space near a jumpgate and ship being towed a hyperjump away.

Thanks for the help

Quite a mess there. The only way out I can think of would be to grab a passing NPC shuttle as it approaches the jumpgate, but you'd need to position yourself very precisely on it's approach path and time your attempt extremely well. Not sure if it can be done with an occupied NPC craft- I'd have to try and set that one up and try it out.

Ideally you'd want to be exactly at it's hyperderive exit point so it's not so hard to time your attempt, but if you can successfully grab a shuttle, you should then be able to catch up with your command craft fairly easily, because a shuttle is a lot faster than a command craft, especially one that's towing something.

How's that?

well, you can take shuttles, fighters and vehicles on a planet when they're unoccupied- I don't know if you can in space when they're occupied- I'd have to try it out, like I said.

quote:

After some flying I turned around and saw my ship being towed away, joy!. Unfortunatly It hyperdrived away with my ship leaving me stranded...

From TacOps, you should be able to order the CC into your sector of space. Although, depending on where it was towed, it could take quite a while to make the trip ... and, if it was short on fuel, it might not make it all the way.

Then again, I never requested a tow prior to EVA. It didn't seem the prudent thing to do. Consequently, I have no idea if a towed CC can dock without the commander aboard ... or if, afterward, repairs can be made and it can then be ordered to undock.

Maybe Ben knows.

Bottom line when all else fails: fiddle with the options in TacOps. They're usually your best chance for survival.