friend or foe?

ok this is the problem. the battleship I command shows as a red enemy target to me on my radar. evertime I leave my own ship in a shuttle or a fighter it shows as a hostile target and will try to attack me. when I pilot my battleship it can be seen as a hostile target on the TACOPS as well. my crew is fine and on station and no intruders. it's been like this for some time but I think since I purchased and flew that shuttle to replace a destroied one. didn't catch exaclty the moment when it accured.

I have downloaded this game about one week ago and this is my first roam compain as a ter commander of a firestorm super cruiser. I have the latest version of this game. appreciate all the help.

[ 05-25-2006, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Wolferz ]

yes I got it from GalcomHQ station in Sol.. I think it's a bug or there's somethin' on board of my ship that messes with its computers... everytime I launch a fithter or a shuttle out my ship will attack 'em unless I disable the turrets. quite a pain in da rear...

1) You started the ROAM scenario, as a TER/MIL Commander in a Firestorm.

2) At some point, you had to replace a destroyed shuttle.

3) Eversince, whenever you launch a fighter or shuttle, your ship recognises them as foes and opens fire on them, no matter what.

Did I get this right?

Did you try to start a new game and see if it does it again?

Red River,

First things first. Please READ THIS

After you comply with those requirements, try to reproduce the problem. If you can't reproduce it then reload the game. Please keep us posted on your progress.

I edited the spelling in your topic because misspelled words in topic headers are not tolerated here because it gums up the search function and makes a topic difficult to find.

[ 05-25-2006, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Wolferz ]

I knew something weird was going on here...

If a shuttle/fighter or yours falls into enemy (intruders) hands, it turns into hostile, permanently. If you attempt to tractor and retrieve it, it self-destructs.

However, you disabled it first and then retrieved it. I'm afraid this messed up your game's logic. Now, your ship knows that it has an enemy asset in it's launch bays, which still is one of your own assets. It seems that no matter what ship do you launch, your Firestorm will consider it enemy and open fire.

Try this one: put a marine in a shuttle, launch it, order it to halt and let your ship destroy that shuttle. This will hopefully close the loop and debug your game.

Next time, if an asset of yours is captured during an onboard invasion, forget it and go on.

BUT you can prevent intruders to take your ships over during an intrusion, simply by cutting off power to launch control, under logistix menu. This will not allow any ship to be launched, untill you power it back on ofcourse. Very usefull tactic against such cases

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Red River,

/stretches fingers in front of the airlock controls.

"One more pointless post without your system profile in your sig and I'm gonna space you for awhile"
Comprende?

I thought he could make all the pointless posts he wanted to as long as he wasn't requesting tech support....

quote:

Originally posted by Matchoo:

I thought he could make all the pointless posts he wanted to as long as he wasn't requesting tech support....

System Profile information is a requirement for the priviledge of posting on these boards. If we let one guy get away with it, then everyone will scoff at the rules.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

quote:

Originally posted by Matchoo:

System Profile information is a requirement for the priviledge of posting on these boards. If we let one guy get away with it, then everyone will scoff at the rules.

uhm, yep. Especially since pirates don't usually ask for tech support.