AI Values Always Reset

I'm having an issue with the AI, my pilot died while in HJ for no reason, no damage to the craft, just came out of HJ, halted and the pilot was dead, craft doesn't respond to an RTB had to tow it in. Anyway I cloned my pilot, and I've cloned them before, and every single time I clone them they reset to their base AI, I thought they were supposed to keep most of the AI gained up till the last time they launched?? My stupid cloning system is always powered up even whiel docked...what's the deal? Why do I always lose their AI, I went from 80% to 16%!! There must be something going wrong, someone gimme a hand please!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Yurameki Daishun:

I thought they were supposed to keep most of the AI gained up till the last time they launched??

...and you read that where?

In every forum I found about cloning, and in the original BCM manual which I still have in my basement, or maybe it was the BCMG manual, one or the other.

As far as I know by your posts and the writings they incrementally save their info for the next cloning over time.

Am I wrong? Do my people become the such everytime they die?

It mostly makes me angry that they died for no reason with no hostiles in the system with a perfect plane just while hyperjumping....

Anger denied, Daishun.

Space travel is dangerous. Just ask NASA.(Need Another Seven Astronauts)

Random equipment failures and pilot error are part of the game.

You can either live with it or go and code your own idea of a perfect sim. You will get no sympathy from anyone here when the game works as intended. You can put forth a million "Maybes" about what you "thought" you read and it will only get you a free ride out of the airlock.

So think about it logically. Pilots can be cloned from DNA samples that are stored in the medibay but, there is no provision for storing that pilot's intellect and experience, much less downloading it back into the brain.

The SC hasn't invented it yet.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought they were supposed to keep most of the AI gained up till the last time they launched??

In every forum I found about cloning, and in the original BCM manual which I still have in my basement, or maybe it was the BCMG manual, one or the other.

As far as I know by your posts and the writings they incrementally save their info for the next cloning over time.

It mostly makes me angry that they died for no reason with no hostiles in the system with a perfect plane just while hyperjumping....

You sure he didn't run out of Power? You need to keep an eye on Power reserves, since the Life Support system requires it. Also, you're wrong about the AI thing, they're as fresh as new recruites every time you clone a new one.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You sure he didn't run out of Power? You need to keep an eye on Power reserves, since the Life Support system requires it. Also, you're wrong about the AI thing, they're as fresh as new recruites every time you clone a new one.
really? well I was reading a complaint about it resetting on someone and someone indicated it did the first time but not the second time a person was cloned and SC said I don't know what you're talking about pilots stats are saved incrementally just like the rest of the game. or a phrase to that effect and can't for the life of me find it on the search, though there are many things I read recently that appear not to be there, maybe I'm using it wrong this evening.

That really really sucks, though I suppose it's a good deal more realistic anyway he'd been deployed only minutes earlier reactor was at more than 90% when retrieved. Plus I thought the A/P was supposed to make the craft dock if the pilot died and I told it to RTB, there was no craft damage...

So, tell me SC, in UC: AWA are my pilots and officers supposed to be idiots every time they die?

And why did my pilot die on HJ? <_<

Page 75 of the UC manual states:

The ships officers and combat pilots are valuable assets and can cause logistics problems if they die.

The DNA signatures of these personnel are stored in the MEDIBAY. If one of these key people dies a clone can be created from their stored DNA.

One important point to remember is that when a person is cloned, they are created from the DNA stored when they are assigned to the ship. This means that they "lose" all acquired memory and skills they gained up to the point of death.

quote:

guess that's what I get for referencing the BCM manual thanks guys

Its on

- p58 of the BCM manual

- p81 of the BCM Gold manual

- p75 of the UC manual

- p76 of the UCAWA manual

In all of the above, this info appears in the same topic: Crew Medical & Cloning Operations

So, tell me, which BCM manual are you talking about? And if you registered UCAWA, what are you doing reading the BCM manual when in fact UCAWA comes with the full PDF manual?

Or are you just making stuff up as you go along?

quote:

quote:

guess that's what I get for referencing the BCM manual thanks guys

Its on

- p58 of the BCM manual

- p81 of the BCM Gold manual

- p75 of the UC manual

- p76 of the UCAWA manual

In all of the above, this info appears in the same topic: Crew Medical & Cloning Operations

So, tell me, which BCM manual are you talking about? And if you registered UCAWA, what are you doing reading the BCM manual when in fact UCAWA comes with the full PDF manual?

Or are you just making stuff up as you go along?

I lost the UC manual, and didn't have the PC in front of me while posting that has the UCAWA install SC, anyway thanks for the answer.