Drones?

Fox682

I was on Server 3 (AG) and I had an interesting thought that i've never tried before in SP.

I actually tried to get more than 2 mining drones that i had, I bought an extra one hoping to use it for mining, and it appears to not work.

1) is it possible to have more than the mining drones your alloted actually mining?

2)If so, what did i miss?

3)If not... why not??

^^^^

I'd LOVE to conduct massive mining operations with MANY mineing drones on a planet. Or Even be able to share mining drones.

If you can't use more mining drones would it bee too much trouble to implement that feature? (maybe an update for UC:SE?)

I'm thinking you could have an option to "dis-associate" your mining drone from your assets so that the mining drone would appear to have been lost, that way you could get more mining drones.

But then of course you'd need the ability to load mining drones that were not tied to your assets.... hmm....

I've read its possible to "collect" transport ships with your shuttle to liberate some of the goods, perhaps we can do the same thing with the mining drones, use your shuttle to collect the mining drone the same way to liberate its cargo, yet leave the drone in place.

Just some thoughts to throw around.

*thinks about setting drones on EVERY planet for anyone to use as needed ^_^ *

Just to toss some ideas around!

-Fox

P.S. Perhaps the same could be done with other assets including the CC so that ships/vehicles can be traded

If you want to conduct a massive mining operation, play Eve-online

Now as for your questions:

quote:

1) is it possible to have more than the mining drones your alloted actually mining?

2)If so, what did i miss?

3)If not... why not??

1. No it's not possible, the buying of a mining drone is just to replace the one that you lost, in the event you SOME-HOW lose it.

2. Read 1!!

3. Read 1!!!

Thats just how the game was designed, it wasn't designed so that you could mine a whole damn planet into nothing more than a rock. Each ship only has four drones for use in mining, as mining can be a very lucrative means of getting money (thats how I make my innitial income when I start a new game)

I hope I answered your question

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I hope I answered your question

Bah >.< I thought thats the way it was...

Eve Sux

The only reason is that my Sunflash only has 2 drones, it would be nice to be able to have 4 drones.

What about the idea of being able to trade ships. (not anything spectacular) for example, if your in a fighter and you can't get anywhere to get it repaired, it would be an awesome thing to have an Aestrom fly by, and hand you one of its fighters so you can be on your way, and take the other one so they can fix it.

This would resolve the need to dock on to CCs, you could just eject a fighter and collect the disabled one.

Or if your shuttles/fighters get destroyed, and you don't have the resources to buy any of them, someone could hand you a couple of fighters and a shuttle.

*can you stick a shuttle/fighter in a Cargo Box?*

Would be like buying mining drones, only used to replace the ones you lost.

What do you think about that possiblity?

-Fox

LOL Fox. You've got alot on your wish list.

Note of caution: "wish lists don't go over well with the boss"

Explore the game within the parameters provided, cuz it ain't going to be changed.

Please don't post anymore wish lists. Everything else is RTFM. If you don't find the answer to your question in there, you won't find it.

If you really want to have some fun... Start a career as a Gammulan. Pick the Firestorm. Then try to make it to Earth and blow up Galcom station. Let us know how you progress.

PS: Keep this up and you're going to be needing that spacesuit.

Duly Noted: At the discretion and conveniance of a moderator, squash this thread mercilessly.

I don't like air from a can.

-Fox

P.S. Its not really a "wish-list" as much as a request for "feedback", I love BC and if SC doesnt change it, fine, no loss, it's his game and he'll do what he wants, I just wanted to hear "opinions".