Planet Minerals

Reshawn

I was just wondering how the game determines which minerals you get when you send a mining drone down to the planet. So here are some questions:

1) Are minerals just given based off of some chance, or are there different concentrations for each planet? For example, is there a planet to go to where you will be more likely to harvest radine?

2) Assuming that you will be more likely to get certain minerals on certain planets, has anyone compiled some sort of list of where to go for different minerals?

• 3 months later...

I have a very similiar question in regards to mining. Is there any where in the tac ops screen or others that tell you what the planet type itself is? I looked in the apendix and for some reason my version is blank when it comes to planets. Also when you say it is random you mean it makes no differnece where you place the mining drones down as to what they will get? Sorry to dredge up an old topic but I thought it better than making a new topic about the same thing.

yes, my experience too, the planets page is in the UC appendix and the UCSE appendix, but not the AWA appendix. The two pages are identical in UC and UCSE, so I suspect nothing changed in AWA.

quote:

Originally posted by Serondal:

I have a very similiar question in regards to mining. Is there any where in the tac ops screen or others that tell you what the planet type itself is?

Can't you go into the TradeCom/Info screen? It should tell you the mineral value of the planet and what type of planet it is.

Thanks I've made 10 million monies from mining the moon so far but I could make so much more if I mined a planet rich in Xenon and Diamonds Thanks for the info guys.

Thats good to know! Sadly I've had a horrible accident. Three of my shuttles ran into each other while trying to enter the moon's close orbit. None of the marines managed to survive the accident and one of the shuttles was lost It will be a little bit before I go looking for better places to mine.

Is there any way to use a probe to check the mineral value of a planet in another area? There may be a screen I'm missing

Nah..probes just allow you to monitor regions of space that you are not in. You have to dock to a station to access the Tradcom/Info screen.

The appendix is also a good sourse of info, but ingame, it's not of much use.

In reference to the missing parts of my Appendix, any one know where I might find a full version of the appendix? Mine is also missing the upgrade section (Which I kinda need atm ;P) Along with the planets info. Any help would be useful.

• 1 year later...

They keep working even when you're not around, no worries :)

And you can monitor how far the mining drone has gone into his mining by checking its status in the loadout section of the tactical screen, if the shuttle that deployed it is on board.

• 3 years later...