BCM v1.0.01 Final Patch Released!

Supreme Cmdr

This is the final patch and with no expiration date.

The updated VCF is also included in the patch.

This patch contains all previous fixes and does not require the interim patch or world script. So, if you want to re-install from scratch at any time, this is the only patch you need.

Comments welcome - but NO bug reports in this thread please.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

uhm, actually it is. I forgot to remove it

But you will no longer be able to just launch from anywhere (that is for debugging only). It has reverted to the release mode where your launch base is determined by your race/caste and region selection.

Now I can stop hearing about people doing SNG as Ter/Mil and wondering why they're getting attacked when launching from a Ter/Ins base.

If you downloaded this patch before seeing this mesage and you were experiencing the persistent transporter FX on your bridgeviewer, download it again and just install on top of itself. Tell me if it works now.

Also, due to optimizations, the mzone animations are super fast now, making it hard to select one from the map itself. Until the next patch when it will be slowed down, use the ZOOMTO/MZONE menu to select an mzone. For me, I get 82fps on the Earth observe map and the animated mzones are very, very fast.

quote:

Originally posted by kuroth:

Hi. Quick question... I installed the "Final Patch" but when I run the game I am still getting

the expire screen for Nov 26 and when the game loads it still says Nov 21? Any idea what I might have done wrong?

Thanks All...

Yes. You didn't patch it. The final patch has NO such expiration.

Strange... I tried it again and it still did the same thing... The BCM.EXE had the date Nov 21.

Maybe I D/L the wrong patch??? Could not

be because the other patch is gone..

I then Opended it(Not D/L) from the web page and it worked...

I promise I am not smoking dope!!!

Looks good now!!!

Thanks!

Read the entire thread before posting. Especially the first post.

To wit:

quote:

Comments welcome - but NO bug reports in this thread please.

No bug reports in this thread - period!

Post any 1.0.01 crashes in this thread

You all have been warned!

TTFN

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

OK. Listen up!

Here is a list of things to do if you are having install problems with the 1.0.01 patch.

1. Download the patch again. It now contains some new files which were previous available separately.
  2. Go to Control Panel/Add Remove and uninstall the game
  3. Use Explorer and delete the folder where you installed the game e.g. C:Program FilesBattlecruiser Millennium
  4. Install the game
  5. Download and install DirectX 8.1 if you have not done so already. The first release of BCM uses DX 8.0a (included on the CDROM). The 1.0.01 version uses DX 8.1.
  6. Download and install the LATEST drivers for your video card, sound card and mouse. nVidia owners need the latest WHQL drivers or XP 2250 or higher drivers. I use 2280
  7. Copy the BCM1001.EXE file INTO the folder where BCM is installed. Execute it using Explorer or the Start/Run dialog.
  8. Run the game. Do NOT modify ANY of the settings in Configuration. Just run the game, check it out and make sure everything is fine. Then quit and go and make any configuration changes you wish.

READ the updated FAQ included in the DOCS folder if you have any issues not covered here.

Note that ALL patches are incremental. So, you never need a previous patch installed in order to use any new version. All patches include previous patch updates and a new patch can be installed on top of itself or an older patch, without any consequences.

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Yes Ive tried the patch and I have to say thanks on the FP mode

Now this game moves sooo smooth just cant wait for you too tackle the straff then ill just burst into joydom hehe

Oh btw is it poss to remap the zoom to the mouse whheel

And I love the way youve mapped the FP controls so far its the best ive seen in any game to date period.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: AlbietheOne ]

quote:

Originally posted by AlbietheOne:

Now this game moves sooo smooth just cant wait for you too tackle the straff then ill just burst into joydom hehe

Oh btw is it poss to remap the zoom to the mouse whheel

Strafe's already been revised in the upcoming version. Check the VCF.

No. I have been thinking about that one, but right now mouse mappings are for three button mice. I'll probably add zoom to another button. Is that what you mean?