BCM v1.0.02 RC Patch

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, the patch is not ready yet because we're trying to catch and fix that elusive persistent damageFX bug.

So, if you feel the need, you can grab it here (4.2 MB). Just remember that you use at your own risk as the testers have only had one night with it.

This patch is NOT final, so it will not appear on the downloads page. Patches are incremental so there is no need to have 1.0.01 previously installed. So, if you feel the need to start from scratch with a new install, use this patch.

Final 1.0.01 version save games are compatible. Beta 1.0.01 version save games are NOT.

It will not use the 1.0.01 save games. It says bad format and closes the game. Not a real big deal. I made a back up of the saved game before installed the new patch. So I will have it later if it is the new patch. I will just start a new game untill you tell me what I did wrong.

Guest Melanie650

Hey SC! Do you want me to send you my gamesave? It has that persistent damage FX thing on it already. And also maybe you can try that transporter bug thing. My save is on the second character slot and the first save space. Just tell me which files to send you if you need em.

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto:

I havent noticed any comments in the VCF regarding the deployment of marines via a shuttle (as well as OC) Did you manage to catch the problem? Or is that on the bottom of your 'to do' list?

If its not in the VCF its not a bug.

And this is NOT a bug. If the shuttle doesn't land before the folks pile out, they will pile out of the craft. And at high alt, they will fall to the ground under gravity, take injury and possibly die.

It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that this doesn't happen by

1. Making sure the first person in the shuttle has a high AI
  2. You deploy the shuttle on flat ground
  3. You create the proper waypoint for it.

If tweaking is required to prevent you misfits from making this mistake, I will look into it at another date. As of now, it works as designed and is not a bug by any account.

If you don't know how to use the shuttle, use the transporter. Thats why you have both.

If you try launching the shuttle, targeting it in Tacops (when it launches), then hitting the F10 cam view and following it down, you will see what its doing. You never thought of that, huh?

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by KreKol:

It will not use the 1.0.01 save games. It says bad format and closes the game. Not a real big deal. I made a back up of the saved game before installed the new patch. So I will have it later if it is the new patch. I will just start a new game untill you tell me what I did wrong.

You must have NOT been using the final 1.0.01 saved games. The 1.0.02 IS backward compatible. I know this for a fact because I didn't change the file format. At all.

quote:

Originally posted by Melanie650:

Hey SC! Do you want me to send you my gamesave? It has that persistent damage FX thing on it already.

No. It can be reproduced. Finding out why its doing it, is what is elusive.

quote:

And also maybe you can try that transporter bug thing. My save is on the second character slot and the first save space. Just tell me which files to send you if you need em.

There are NO transporter bugs in the game. If you can reproduce one, I'd like to know about it. As I said above, if its not in the VCF, its either not a bug or it has not been reported.

And in the future, DO NOT ask me about sending ANYTHING. If I want it, I'll ask for it.

The unofficial 1.0.02 RC2 is out.

For whats new, see the VCF

Still tackling with the persistent damageFX. It doesn't happen in debug build, so, its difficult to find out whats causing it in the release build, since it won't have debug info.

Also, looking into an issue in which if you view a model on the planet in the F10 which happens to be on another map, when you return to your forward view, the base model will be offset from the ground. Found the problem and should be fixed later tonite.

quote:

Originally posted by crivens:

Doesn't happen in debug mode? Unitialized variable I say!

Thats what I thought at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The fact that it only seems to happen when you view an object with said damageFX in the F10 view, in order to get that target's particle fx stuff in your view, tells me that its related to the world/view pos not being cleared. But I've got checks for that, so I don't see how it could possibly be happening.

oh well, the life of a developer. Andrei and I are on it, and hopefully one of us will find out wtf is going darn soon.

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest antaren42

i had a save game that kept ctd with that damage effects bug. i found that i could condinue the save game if i dissabled fx in configuration before starting the load. might help for anyone who didnt know wanted to continue those saves...

I know how you feel. I'm into calculator programming, and some bugs eluded me for so long, yet when I found the solution, it was very simple. I just had to think of it a certain way.

Ooohh... It's one of those... Nasty. I know exactly how you feel.

My advice: Go out, see a movie. These things always seem to come clear after a break, when you're looking at it fresh. It always works for me.

Guest dnoyeB!

Its worth $50 just to se SC bustin his arse on the patches I feel my money is well respected and will certainly keep buying BC products.

I got CTD a few days ago and haven't played since. Im going to wait till some of the gung ho people post their issues and when they get patched, I will jump on the next one and play from there.

Guest antaren42

dont hold your breath, i have constant crashes but dispite the raves about tech support, they offered no help other then "read the troubleshooting doc"

i tried to post for help on the forum, but now the thread is gone.

i've read posts raving about how good tech support is. i have yet to see any tech support at all, and i know that there are people with a similar system as me who are not having my problems.

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: antaren42 ]

antaren42,

As you can read here, you should provide a link to your system specs in your signature, after you have registered.

Usually, the Troubleshooting FAQ handles all the cases which may cause problems. Check the chapter: "How do I improve stability?"

Unless you provide your system specs (and register before), don't expect much help, anyway.

Best regards.