BCM v1.0.02 (FINAL) Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

I have uploaded the patch to our private servers for the dev and beta team guys.

I have also uploaded the public patch to two mirrors.

If anyone has mirrors where they'd like me to upload the file, pass them on. I will upload the file there and link to those mirrors via the main downloads page.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

OK, I will leave that link up until midnight then am going to delete it because I have re-packaged and re-uploaded the patch to FP and 3DG.

Anybody who downloads the patch from Fileplayer, 3D Gamer or Tyrn's server and gets that error, can just download the file above.

I used the wrong encryption code in the EXE. Still attempting to make things difficult for pirates, at the expense of innocent gamers.

Sorry.

That fixed the english.lng error but wasn't the saved games supposed to be compatible? Now when i try and load an old saved i get the error "out of range class index 6145, (max 394)"

it gives this to me when its loading the region earthx, i think. Is there anything i can do to salvage this game? I had just finally gotten fleet C&C.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Tyrn has it up on his private server below.

(7.2MB)

Will post other mirrors as I get them.

I have just, 19:10 -7 UTC, updated my server with the corrected patch. If you downloaded it before now, redownload it. Also, IE does not like to work with Cerberus for some reason I suggest using a true FTP client (even Windows command line FTP client) as you'll have better reliability.

quote:

Originally posted by JelloKing:

i read the VCF and how you use old games at your own risk but i wish i could at least salvage something.

Sadly you can't (depending on what you were doing in the saved game, actually). I made a very critical change to the file format - which you'll thank me for in the future. Trust me on this.

OK, I'll rest easier, knowing that the new game I start up won't be invalid in a week. As for the full FP servers, I think it speaks well of the game's popularity. After all, who whould want to download a patch when you don't have the actual game?

Very nice, very very nice. I like the tractor feel, somehow it doesn't jerk you so much, just feels more smooth, and also I like the addition of "support units" in the target choice menu, makes it much easier to pick out your own units.

On the other note, something a little weird, I was in a fight, another ship bumped into me and supposebly damaged me a little bit (I got "warning, damage" voice) then when the fight was over I checked out my ship in logistix and didn't see any damaged systems, yet when I hover my mouse over the bottom icon of my CC (right bottom corner in the bridge viewer) it says that my internals are at 99%. So that's kinda weird since none of my systems, or hull is showing any damage. Other than that, it's playing much better, it doesn't even slow down after an hour so I am just thrilled.

Thanks SC. Great job.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Very nice, very very nice. I like the tractor feel, somehow it doesn't jerk you so much, just feels more smooth, and also I like the addition of "support units" in the target choice menu, makes it much easier to pick out your own units.

On the other note, something a little weird, I was in a fight, another ship bumped into me and supposebly damaged me a little bit (I got "warning, damage" voice) then when the fight was over I checked out my ship in logistix and didn't see any damaged systems, yet when I hover my mouse over the bottom icon of my CC (right bottom corner in the bridge viewer) it says that my internals are at 99%. So that's kinda weird since none of my systems, or hull is showing any damage. Other than that, it's playing much better, it doesn't even slow down after an hour so I am just thrilled.

Thanks SC. Great job.

A minor damage won't register.

quote:

After all, who whould want to download a patch when you don't have the actual game?

The release of this patch unfortunately coincided with the release of the RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN demo, so servers across this great land were slowed due to demand.

The BCM patch has been downloaded 575 times from FilePlanet at the time of this message.

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Phantom:

What happened to the Jetpack when you do the spacewalk? My Jetpack seems to have disappeared.

Since it is no longer a weapon but an aux item, he won't have it by default.

Anyway, download this file (2.8MB) and replace yours.

Just to avoid this type of query, I have now added it back to the 1.0.02 patch and re-uploaded it to the mirrors.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Since it is no longer a weapon but an aux item, he won't have it by default.

Anyway, download
(2.8MB) and replace yours.

Just to avoid this type of query, I have now added it back to the 1.0.02 patch and re-uploaded it to the mirrors.

SC, if you repackaged the 1002 patch with and added the stuff in that 2.8mb file, shouldn't the file size of the patch have changed? I tried downloading the patch from 3D gamers again and it looks like they still have the old 7.2mb patch.

Also, does that 2.8mb file change anything beside the jetpack?