BCM v1.0.03 (FINAL) Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

The patch has been uploaded to all mirrors.

This patch will NOT delete saved games. But if you are patching from 1.0 retail or 1.0.01 patch, saved games are obsolete and must be deleted manually from the SAVE folder.

VCF to reflect what is contained in it.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Yeap! New patch was supposed to come out next year!

Someone is working too much!

SC, with Patch 1.0.02 the game is running great&smooth, I do not think you should hurry to release a new patch.

Take it easy, enjoy Christmas season!

But, again, who am I to argue?

Ok, I am ready for download!!

quote:

Originally posted by ooJAYoo:

I thought you were supposed to be having a break!!

Can’t argue with a man who has dedication like this can you.

Yeah I know. I can't help it.

Anyway, these issues were pretty minor and the submitted saved games helped to immediately find most of them.

Yes. Saved games are backward compatible with 1.0.02 and this patch will not delete them.

I must be one of them guys that has a "magical version of BCM". So far I haven't found anything wrong with the game. I would definately have made a crap beta tester.

SC....holiday.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Fendi:

I must be one of them guys that has a "magical version of BCM". So far I haven't found anything wrong with the game. I would definately have made a crap beta tester.

SC....holiday.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

hehe, that was the frequent sentiment during Beta. By the time someone thinks they'd discovered something, they find that its already been reported and or fixed. So, don't feel bad.

I agree with everyone, after patch 1.0.02 , I have experienced "0" problems.

Any additional patches is just extra gravy for all of us!

And SC what happen to relaxing? Time for a preemptive strike on all of SC's computers, may be turn them off for a couple weeks so he can get some rest!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Tyrn, check the Beta home page. I have uploaded an update version for you guys. Barring any critical issues, I will release it to the public later tonite or tomorrow. So, go check it out.

Already done boss

GEEZ SC,

Such dedication....such determination.....

NOW TAKE A BREAK WILLYA!!!! If only other developers would stand by their products half as much as you. I have a newfound respect for indie developers and hope more are around soon so I can support them.

My brother's BCM just arrived FEDEX today..heheeeee....so I'm doing my part to spread the word.

quote:

FIXED: In some cases the planet pointer wasn't being set when you entered it. This would cause a CTD when you answered the prompt to egress to space.

Sounds like the problem one of my AEs had. Will the VCF fix repair my "broken" save game or will I have to begin it anew?

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

Sounds like the problem one of my AEs had. Will the VCF fix repair my "broken" save game or will I have to begin it anew?

Yep, thats the one.

Dunno if your saved game would work, since that pointer wasn't set in the saved game you sent. But try it anyway and let me know.

Well, I'll be! The patch fixed my save game; I can leave the planet now! Thanks, SC!

I've been playing as a Ter/Mil in the interim, but he met an unfortunate demise the other evening due to a stupid mistake I made. Thanks to the fix, I can resume his friend's career now.

The all in one patch for v1.0.0.3 is available here: ftp://[email protected]/bcm/all-in-one/bcm1003.exe ~7.16MB

The incremental patch from v1.0.0.2 to v1.0.0.3 is available here, make sure you read the README.txt before downloading: ftp://[email protected]/bcm/incremental/ ~3.9MB

DISCLAIMER: The incremental patches are intended for internal tester use only and so not officially supported when used by the public. As such, you use the incremental patches at your own risk.

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]