BCM v1.0.04 (FINAL) Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

A minor bug was introduced (related to the cargo menu change) which prevents shuttle launches.

If you have NOT yet downloaded the patch, hold off until you hear back from me later when I upload newer files. And if you have already downloaded it, you can just download the 1.0.04 update version and apply on top of itself. Only the EXE file will change.

Sorry!

UPDATE: OK, new files uploaded to mirrors. Give it about an hour or so (from this time stamp of this email) and grab it from the 3D Gamers or File Planet mirrors. If you get a CTD on shuttle launch, you've got the wrong version.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

OK, the 3D Gamers and File Planet mirrors have the latest version now.

GameSpot won't update until Monday (they don't work weekends)

ps: I had a pretty large bandwidth spike this month which cost me a pretty penny. So, no way am hosting patches anymore. I have 30GB per month allocation and we chewed through 60GB between 12/05/01 and 01/04/02. The UBB forum chews quite a bit too.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by insecttoid3:

i just tried it and i had the same problem

I just reproduced that one. Pretty odd that. I'm on it. Should be easy to fix. Will upload an update shortly.

UPDATE: Yep. Script problem.

OK, download this file (40K) into your BCM install folder. It will place updated files in the SCRIPTS folder. If you are feeling brave, you can just move those extracted files into the DATAscenarios.zip file.

Saved games are unaffected.

I have also updated the 1.0.04 patches and re-uploaded to mirrors. There is NO need to download them again...unless you want to.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Guardian452:

SC, I know the patch deletes saved games, but does it mean that 1.0.0.4 RC1 saves are incompatible with 1.0.0.4 Final? (I backed up my saves in case I could use them)

Thanks

No. (Or at least I doubt it over 90%.)

The digital signature check for save files was added after RC1.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

No. (Or at least I doubt it over 90%.)

The digital signature check for save files was added after RC1.

My RC1 save games do work, but who knows what naughtiness they might invoke down the track.

edit: I just noticed that SC wrote "save game are unaffected", but I'm not sure if that was directed at my Q or info on the patch script update.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Guardian452 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Guardian452:

My RC1 save games do work, but who knows what naughtiness they might invoke down the track.

edit: I just noticed that SC wrote "save game are unaffected", but I'm not sure if that was directed at my Q or info on the patch script update.

If you use RC1 saved games with the final 1.0.04, you'll come to regret it. In fact, the patch deliberately deletes all files in the SAVE folder.

My post above about saved games being unaffected, was in reference to those who already had saved games from the final 1.0.04. Applying the script update will not affect those saved games.