BCM Multiplayer Patch Details

Supreme Cmdr

Whoo! VCF Updates!!!!! It looks to me like the Beta testers are alread at 1.0.05 RC3..... Cool.

Here's an important looking one:

quote:

1.0.05 RC1

New saved game digital signature check now compatible and compliant with the upcoming multiplayer Beta release file format.

My interpretation of this is another wipe of the save files. Bad now, but it's good when MP comes out. Another plus is that it shows us that we're getting closer to the MP patch release!!! Keep it up guys!! (Guys, as in, Derek and the Beta team.)

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dredd:

So, uhh, the Gammulan FC will decide whether or not I can play on a Fleet Server? It's THAT simple? So as long as I take a few missiles for the FC in multi-player, be a punching bag for his enemies, etc, I will probably be able to play? (starts sending bribes and monetary gifts to his FC)

(Evil Grin)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rtoolooze

[rp]

"Yes sir!"

Comander rtoolooze and his officers leave the briefing room. He then addresses the entire crew thru comms,

"All hands, listen up. Just got word from the S.C. that training is just about up. We will soon be facing real enemies. I want this ship in tip top shape! When the exact time comes, you will be advised, that is all.

[rp]

Well, I was happy about going down to the lake for a few days cause I'm on vacation. Now my mind will be thinking about multiplayer till I get back on thurs.

[rp]

"I'll be back"

[rp]

O wait, that qoute was from another story.

[rp]

Commander Epsilon 5 steps out of the Turboshaft onto the bridge. All bridge officers turn back, and smile. The TO, sitting on the command chair, gets up and talk "Glad to see you made it sir. Welcome back."

"Yes, I'm happy to be back... I can't wait to sit on my seat... well well I see you kept it warm"

"Yes sir, we've been running simulations all the time here, more than enough to keep the crew sharp and ready. Now 3 marines on 5 are able to hit a 10cm target at 10 meters with a sniper 80% of the time"

"Hmm.. I guess that's good news. Good job lieutenant-commander. I've got better (!) news. War is about to start! Training is finally over, we will get to shoot real stuff and get real damage very soon. No clear indications of when but words from Supreme Commander Smart have been "be prepared" exactly."

"Great. I'll pass the word to the rest of the crew."

"Do so."

"Oh and... Commander erton a eiv eugnol!"

"Eh"

[/rp]

/me is excited

{rp}

Commander Elio Jason walks onto the bridge, among his fellow crewmen.

"Good news gentlmen and ladies. S.C has given word that these training excersices are finnaly coming to an end."

Crew cheers.

"And even more good news. My birthday is coming up!"

Crew cheers.

"So lets crack open the beer and whine bottles and get ready to fight in a REAL war!"

Crew cheers, Resnig gets beer and wine.

"Don't trust that man with the beer damnit!" a crew man shouts.

Resnig blows up and a tag is found on him.

"All your base are belong to us!"

{/rp}

Sounds exciting...I'm excited...are you excited...lets all be excited...

Derek one question...well actually its not a question more of a request...naturally only if its feasible.

I know you said we won't have the option to save the multiplayer games on a normal server...which is fine because most multiplayer games I play don't have the ability to save...

But...Battlecruiser is a very unique kinda game...as I'm sure you know since you developed it to be that way...and as any commander knows, crew experience really does make a difference.

So instead of being able to save the game, is it feasible to implement an accelerated experience system for the multiplayer only?

This way, even though the multiplayer lasts only a short while...your crew will mature faster to match the relative short duration of the game.

I understand being so late in the development, if its not even a possibility. In fact, I probably just said something you or someone else already thought of.

quote:

Originally posted by Shintai Tusatsu:

Sounds exciting...I'm excited...are you excited...lets all be excited...

Derek one question...well actually its not a question more of a request...naturally only if its feasible.

I know you said we won't have the option to save the multiplayer games on a normal server...which is fine because most multiplayer games I play don't have the ability to save...

But...Battlecruiser is a very unique kinda game...as I'm sure you know since you developed it to be that way...and as any commander knows, crew experience really does make a difference.

So instead of being able to save the game, is it feasible to implement an accelerated experience system for the multiplayer only?

This way, even though the multiplayer lasts only a short while...your crew will mature faster to match the relative short duration of the game.

I understand being so late in the development, if its not even a possibility. In fact, I probably just said something you or someone else already thought of.

Although what you are proposing would be great for a game between a group of people on private servers, this will be impossible to implement for the fleet servers; and I don't see the SC writing 2 different MP games either.

quote:

Although what you are proposing would be great for a game between a group of people on private servers, this will be impossible to implement for the fleet servers; and I don't see the SC writing 2 different MP games either.

This is not about writing another module, it's about adding an option in the game setup. Somelike a EP multiplier.

quote:

But, from what I've read...he was talking about the fleet servers having the capability to save Greg?

So would that imply that fleet servers will have a different version than what the rest of us run?

Less or more. The fleet servers are permanent with dynamic ACMs and missions, added as needed.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

This is not about writing another module, it's about adding an option in the game setup. Somelike a EP multiplier.

Like a campaign or mission script that has something to add x points if you kill any enemy. I think it might be do-able. It's like a handicapped game--extra 100 or 1000 or something EPs per unit kill than usual.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Like a campaign or mission script that has something to add x points if you kill any enemy. I think it might be do-able. It's like a handicapped game--extra 100 or 1000 or something EPs per unit kill than usual.

No, no, just in the setup screen, where you choose the game name, max players, etc etc etc among that would be "Experience points multiplier" or something.

• 4 weeks later...

What's this? SC hasn't posted in days?

What's this? The VCF hasn't been updated for weeks? We haven't had a patch in over a month?

What has this world come to?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Don't work yourself too hard, SC. (You know, between XP1 and Multiplayer, and stuff.) We're still here for you.

Just keep us updated, so we all don't go insane.

[ 04-28-2002, 00:10: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

I just read the fleet FAQ and I noticed that the Secure Fleet Access (SFA) servers would be up 24/7. From what I have read, however, the SFA servers will be able to save, but will not be persistent as was stated in the fleet FAQ. Would it be correct to assume that the fleet FAQ is out of date with the current plans for mp?

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

What's this? The
VCF
hasn't been updated for weeks?

You must be drinking. That VCF was updated on 4-16. Today is 4-28. Hardly weeks

[ 04-28-2002, 09:12: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]