BCM 1.0.06 (FINAL) Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

yeah, that blerm is quick, averaged about 185KB/sec. gonna love playin somemore BCM. this game has better support from its deveolper than most other games that have a bigger bank account behind them

good work SC

Fast server huh Blerm? Cool one more mp server candidate.

btw, this is the final major patch. As you can see, I collected all the gripes for over a month, before releasing this. So, don't expect another patch before the mp patch - unless we find a seriously FATAL problem.

That bug with intruders was pretty major. So hopefully everything is stable now (at least for those foolish enough to let intruders on board) and we shouldn't have any more invalid 1.0.06 saved games etc etc.

But, as they say, even the best laid plans.....

[ 02-27-2002, 15:36: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Yes, thanks Blerm, wicked fast dl from there.

Nice of you to put that up like that.

Glad I'm ready to restart my characters, I'm all fired up to get going! (Heheh, but I'm sure I'll be working hard to learn new trade routes lol).

Oh yes, and thanks SC! Can't wait to put this one in and let 'er rip!

Idaho

[ 02-27-2002, 15:10: Message edited by: Duncan Idaho ]

Wow. Surprised at those speeds. Cool. Must be because there's no other traffic on that site (on account of some pretty amazing lack-o-development on my part) at the moment.

MP server candidate? I have yet to cultivate my skills enough to prevent the embarrassment of being hosed by all who would connect to any games I would host. I'd have to change my handle to "Shame" or something. Haha.

Blerm,

Heheh, you sound like me. I've always thought like this:

If you cannot win in Multiplayer games, learn to vigorously enjoy losing!

I know, I'm the biggest loser at Starcraft I've ever met. But I sure have fun at it!

Idaho

ah a nice 40 second dl and im on my way to fearing anything outside earth even more than usual

and duncan idaho. im probably worse at starcraft than you, i have only ever won once against the computer, it has beaten me every other time

[ 02-27-2002, 17:15: Message edited by: insecttoid3 ]

I was reading VCF:

quote:

You can no longer assign prisoners. This prevents you from doing silly things such as beaming them down to a planet or ordering them about the ship as personnel.

Just the fact that you can do silly things like that adds to the gameplay. I have to have someone to punish when my shuttle gets stolen.

When I forget to shut down launch control, and I loose a shuttle/fighter my head turns red, and something is about to blow. At such a critical moments it is good to know, that you have one or two unfriendly personnel, locked down in the dungeons, waiting to get beamed down on the next planet. Ah.. and that saves the day.

Sorry, if this is the wrong place to post this.

[ 03-02-2002, 16:15: Message edited by: Has ]

Yes well, its easier to fix a loophole (which is what this is) than it is to implement a feature (I suppose you never did notice that they were created as marines, complete with weapons etc etc) that was never in my design docs.

Ready for BCO, anytime now. Good thing about the fast servers and I've already heard lots of cool stuff that would be included. But first, a gripe of sorts.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

But, as they say, even the best laid plans.....

Funny you should mention that. Since the transition to 1.0.06 from 1.0.05, while the stability factor has skyrocketed, I've been seeing some rather bizarre changes in StarStation structure, not including GalCom which for some reason or other which looks and acts just fine. The other stations, like the wheel station Type 1, looks all smashed to bits, walls flung every which way with hangar doors and turrets hanging out there all by their lonesome. Type 2 X-formed stations as well, and probably much more -- and after hanging around such a station, all I could do to stop the eyeball pain was blow the crazy madhouse to bits. Too bad it was my main base.

The walls seem to be there physically, as I'll bump into invisible walls with my CC, but the polygons are scrambled. This is some draining on the fun factor now for CC'ing, but it ain't impossible to deal with. The problem is that it basically makes SF tasks near impossible and space-piloting tasks quite difficult, too. It's those invisible walls.

Anyway, like I said, all these finely designed stations worked just fine when I first got BCM and subsequently installed the 1.0.05 patch, and were quite the eyecandy pieces especially at high resolutions. But now, they're eyesores at any resolution. Any; and you can bet I checked on each one myself, CTD/crash, or whatever. I didn't care -- whatever it took to unscramble the starstations. This game is just too damn cool to give up on. I have proof of all this. Oh, yes, proof I have. I wouldn't ramble on with much ado about nothing, to the SC of all people with his you-got-one-shot-only-mister temperament (hey, I'm not knocking it, really, I'm not -- pretty good way to stay focussed) without something serious to back it up. Just give me an address and I'll send some pix yer way. Oh, and, I like to use Wordpad to save the pix in, using the Prntscrn button to copy them to memory. Ctrl-G, while a novel idea for things such as formulating the ideal cargo hold layout, is just way too finicky and uninformative to be useful anyway. But I don't care about Ctrl-G; I care about the scrambled starstations. I wanna do some more neat-o flying around the walls and stuff! God that was cool -- in, out, through, around, over, under. If v1.0.06 wasn't so much of a stupendous improvement making the game more stable, I'd immediately go reinstall and stick with v1.0.05 just for the cool fast intra-starstation flying I was doing in the pilot careers.

Anyway, that some fine work you've done with v1.0.06, but could you look into this, please? My monitor bill is going to make me go broke at this rate if I keep smashing my screen in reflexive self-defense of my eyeballs everytime I see a scrambled Station!

Much sincereity,

Bowemeth

Bowemeth:

First - remove Str Cmdr from your Publicly Displayed Name: in your profile.

Second - Update your video drivers. The 6.50s that you indicate in your System Profile are very old. I've had success with both the XP 27.42 and the XP 27.70 beta drivers.

TTFN

[ 03-03-2002, 11:27: Message edited by: Gallion ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

First - remove
Str Cmdr
from your
Publicly Displayed Name:
in your profile.

Yeah. Ok.

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

Second - Update your video drivers. The 6.50s that you indicate in your System Profile are very old. I've had success with both the XP 27.42 and the XP 27.70 beta drivers.

I'm having difficulty locating either one. Any specific suggestions?

-----------------------

Ok, I think I found the 27.70 one with warp2search. Says it was leaked. Since I have but a lowly GF2 GTS vid card, I'm also downloading the also-leaked INF modification. Apparently someone thinks it works, so I'm giving it a try. Now if I can just find my old un-RAR'er util.

Bowemeth

[ 03-03-2002, 14:12: Message edited by: Bowemeth ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bowemeth:

I'm having difficulty locating either one. Any specific suggestions?

Bowemeth

You didn't look hard enough. Now clear OUT of this thread and quit posting off-topic.