BCM v1.0.08 patch status

Supreme Cmdr

Real soon now. VCF updated.

Once this all important (and final major patch) patch is out, the next patch will be the long awaited and much anticipated mp patch.

We're going to be using ASE for server browsing in this free mp patch. So, go learn how to use it. There may or may not be support for GSA; but I doubt that many BC users (the power gamers that they are) care about GSA.

The next BC title will have its own in-game server browser and support for other nifty features.

For voice chat, Roger Wilco, Team Sound and MS Gamevoice all seem to work just fine - especially if they are run on dedicated servers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!

Question : will the patch texture blending revision will also fix the terrain texture level blending for us gf2 users? (as mentionned in the vcf under rc1)

Eye? Cool, gamespy sucks and I like Eye alot

[ 05-02-2002, 17:47: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Question : will the patch texture blending revision will also fix the terrain texture level blending for us gf2 users? (as mentionned in the vcf under rc1)

That is a driver problem and which I have no control over. The terrain texture blending and the rebuild texture blending are two different things. Completely.

quote:

Originally posted by Fractux:

Just a question SC, if we are using ASE, are we going to have to pay for that program's registration in order to play BCM MP games?

ASE is free. Paying only get you a few more options, and you get priority on the server burden.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

ASE is free. Paying only get you a few more options, and you get priority on the server burden.[/QB]

Well, I read this from their site

quote:

The All-Seeing Eye is shareware, you have 21 days to evaluate the product after which you must register if you continue using it. [
]

... ???

quote:

Originally posted by Mano Faber:

quote:

Originally posted by MerfGlurf:

Awesome SC! Can't wait to download it.

Yeah, me too. I'd like to see the new CALS with the deployment/extraction. Cool stuff.

Extraction is pretty cool because you see these marines all run at break neck speed trying to catch the shuttle before it dusts off. If you are running with them, you should also hear the leader yelling follow me (one of the related voice fx in the soundfxmarines.zip).

[ 05-08-2002, 17:07: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Ah, I see you updated the VCF. Finally I get to use those SF marines eating up my nutripacks. And the five minute rule regarding the drink is a good idea; even after being removed from the water, it is still water-logged, and needs a few minutes to dry off.

Oh, and a quick question: what key were you planning to use for chatting; they all seem to be taken...

[ 05-14-2002, 14:28: Message edited by: Urza ]

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

And the five minute rule regarding the drink is a good idea; even after being removed from the water, it is still water-logged, and needs a few minutes to dry off.

heh

quote:

Oh, and a quick question: what key were you planning to use for chatting; they all seem to be taken...

Read your keyboard command sheet