BCM 1.0.08 RC23 Released

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by b1bob:

Applied rc 12 and tested. Found what appears to be a bug. Start game, put a marine in shuttle. Set a waypoint to moon to drop off probe. Shuttle will not return to ship after operation, nor will it RTB as commanded. Just wonders around confused. This all worked in 1.07.

Also dust off count wrong during 10 second increments. Hope this helps.

Works fine here (just tried it). How were you able to reproduce this? Remember, if your shuttle is damaged sufficiently, like any other craft, it won't be able to achieve enough Escape Velocity required to breach the planet's gravity. Go read the manual.

Also, read the known problems section of the VCF

Yes, it says RC13 but its RC12. RC13 will end up being the final 1.0.08 release once those few known issues in the VCF are resolved. Gonna work on that today actually. I've already sent the full RC12 update to the testers.

[ 07-09-2002, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Works fine here (just tried it). How were you able to reproduce this? Remember, if your shuttle is damaged sufficiently, like any other craft, it won't be able to achieve enough Escape Velocity required to breach the planet's gravity. Go read the manual.

I did this as simple as possible. From DEFAULT startup ship after just starting game, I have always done this to generate some stuff to sell. I load a single marine into SC1. I program a single waypoint to a select location on the moon to deploy the miner. (Usually a in large crater, not named areas.) Then I launch shuttle and watch. It used to automatically deliver and return. Later I program a single waypoint to pick up miner and launch. It did its thing to the moon and back while I "Kirk" it with other things. ver 1.07 always works. ALL 1.08's that I try cannot do this. Shuttle does not return from delivery. No damage observed.

I am only going on the change in behavior. If I missed something in the manual, me bad!

(1.0, then 1.07 patch and script, then 1.08)

Thats odd. If the shuttle has no damage, then its definitely a bug. But, it works fine here.

What moon were doing this on? Earth's moon?

Give me a co-ordinate to where you are placing the waypoint. Better yet, go a screen shot from Tacops right after you place the waypoint. Then, after the deployment, send me another shot indicating the shuttle's position.

Stick the pics in a ZIP archive and send to [email protected]

I checked myself and I confirn that problem. the shuttles lands, deploy, does the countdown, but doesn't take off. Then, I ask manually with the bridge, and now it takes off, and even then, it takes awfully lot of time to reach orbit, even thought it bounces between angel 38 and 39. Sent an email about it. Very easy to reproduce, I placed the waypoint in a totally random area, althought a non-dark one.

Yes, Earth's moon, and with all the default "new game" parameters, Test as a name

[ 07-10-2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Originally posted by b1bob:

Epsilon 5 nailed the problem. I'll defer to his data.

Thanks

OK, am on it. It could be related to one of the entries in the known issues section of the VCF, but I will know once I investigate further.

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

HELP!!! i downloaded the patch and BCM wont work! how do i get rid of the patce! (I think i didn't delete my save games. could that be a problem)

The problem is most definately that you didn't run the patch inside the install folder. The patch deletes your saved games if you install it right.

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

HELP!!! i downloaded the patch and BCM wont work! how do i get rid of the patce! (I think i didn't delete my save games. could that be a problem)

The problem is most definately that you didn't run the patch inside the install folder. The patch deletes your saved games if you install it right.

lol!

i got it working . one thing wrong. i can't seem to get Playmod to work. (really i cant get it to work anyway even if it is not 1.0.08) what do i do. also are there any simpler instructions to play mod the readme is too technical

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbit:

Got RC13, it's a very nice patch. But the only thing I don't like is the new radar beep. Maybe it's just me, but it sounds much louder and annoying IMO. It would be fine it were a bit softer.

Agree. I thought my soundcard had a problem when I entered the planet... the old one was ok.

[ 07-14-2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

How can beep05.wav be louder than beep16.wav which everyone complained was loud?

Well, if you want to have your own sound, look in soundfxmisc.zip and pick one. Then copy it to beep05.wav and put it in the soundfx folder.

To me, beep05 is a lot better than beep16 and softer. Its all about preferences I suppose. But, I don't plan on changing it again.

i've been enjoying the continuous sound improvements i can now hear PTA systems firing in a furball and can't wait for 14 for the npc marine battles......quick question ne plans of working in a quick drag and select mode for the large marine battles for one of the last RC's?

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

The new ping does seems to sound louder than the old one, but it's not what matter. the new one is high pitched and less as "smooth" as the old one.

Then I suppose when I adjusted the volume of the new beep05 (all the soundfx were re-mastered for BCG) in BCG because its definitely much softer than the one in BCM. Which is why I changed BCM to use that one as well. I didn't realize that the BCM version is as loud as you make it out to be. In fact, I checked it - its not. But as I said, if you don't like it, change it.

• 2 weeks later...