BCM 1.0.08 RC23 Released

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by JJ:

a little confused

i keep seeing the bullets concerning sound moved from rc to rc does that mean that the sound issues are a work in progress and i will hear an improvement with each further R.C?

It means that I have not yet fully merged+tested it yet.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been able to access the terran ins campaign? My steps

1. Select terran insurgent

2. Select Sygan as a start base

3. Select campaign

The resulting launch is from Galcom HQ with a terran military vehicle with the military ACM track.

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

Has anyone been able to access the terran ins campaign? My steps

1. Select terran insurgent

2. Select Sygan as a start base

3. Select campaign

The resulting launch is from Galcom HQ with a terran military vehicle with the military ACM track.

Didn't you post this same very question elsewhere and got two responses? Whats the matter with you? Too lazy to check forums you posted in?

Hello SC. Was wondering if there is any word yet as to the problem stated by b1bob and Epsilon5 regarding shuttles not returning to base after deploying their load on a planet/moon? I've encountered this very same issue with both RC12 and RC15.

The steps I take are very straight forward. I observe the designated planet/moon (tried Earth, Earth's Moon, Saturn, as well as Alpha Majoris and it's moon), next I chose the desired shuttle craft and create a deploy drone waypoint for it on the surface. I have a flight engineer aboard the shuttle usually when I launch it. The shuttle correctly proceeds to the planet, lands, deploys the drone, I receive a message about 5 second dust-off, the shuttle proceeds to lift off from the surface and tries to RTB. Unfortunately the shuttle never actually makes it out of the atmosphere. It just bobs around 36k to 40k feet with its return to base mission forever displayed. I have taken steps to observe the shuttle's statistics and it's hull integrety is always at 100%. Now if I attempt to take my CC into the planetoids atmosphere then tell my shuttle to RTB, it will realize that I am in the same area as it and sure enough it will start flying in the direction of my CC. The darn thing just won't leave orbit though if my CC is in space.

Under v1.07 the shuttle will leave the planet without issue. This problem has only been detected under the 1.08x series of RC patches.

A few posts ago you stated that you had an idea as to what might be causing this but you never did report back any findings you may have discovered. I have already checked the known issues text and there is nothing relating to this issue contained therein. I was hoping you might be able to share with us any updated information you may have discovered. Thanks!

Torrellan

quote:

Originally posted by Torrellan:

Hello SC. Was wondering if there is any word yet as to the problem stated by b1bob and Epsilon5 regarding shuttles not returning to base after deploying their load on a planet/moon? I've encountered this very same issue with both RC12 and RC15.

If there was an update, you'd see it mentioned in the VCF

Yeh I get this problem too. While monitoring its progress, by leaving the mouse cursor over the shuttle number icon that is deployed...it's not that it won't RTB, it's that it seems not to be able to achieve orbit at all.

The altitude goes up a couple thousand then down a couple thousand...the rise in altitude each time is greater than the decline so eventually it reaches 30000 nearing 35000, but it doesn't leave planet procedures even though it reaches the required altitude.

Guest Fox__Trot

I know the 1.08 set of patchs arent supported however I duno what to make of this one

I cant load bcm I double click the EXE and the cd spins up and then spins down thats IT I launched the win xp task manager and bcm.exe shows up then closes itself I even re-installed bcm and put the 1.07 patch on and it will run however witht he 1.08 patch it wont sounds like a bug in 1.08 to me heads up incase no one else has reported this *Same thing happens to me when I boot in with win 98 also*

It works fine here. When in doubt, uninstall and start from scratch.

The patch works fine, as far as I know.

1. Uninstall BCM and DELETE the install folder
  2. Install BCM
  3. Apply 1.0.07 FULL patch
  4. Apply 1.0.08 RC15 update patch
  5. Apply 1.0.08 RC17 update patch

The only way it won't work, is if the above process is borked.

If you have an RC15 game in progress that you don't want to lose, save the contents of the SAVE folder and copy them back after you have completed the above procedure.

Also, that report post button is for reporting offensive and problematic community posts. It is NOT for sending me emails about patches.

One person used it to send a post about not being able to run the patch. Please STOP!!!

[ 08-15-2002, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Fox__Trot

Thats EXACTLY what I did the first time and I just did it again and ... no joy! anyways it DOES work for me with the 1.07 patch but neither 1.08 patch works for me i'll go fully update my system profile so that you know EXACTLY what im running *No Joy:(*

Edit: Not that I dont keep it updated but you never know I might of missed something!

[ 08-15-2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Fox__Trot ]

I just tried my above instructions on four machines - including one running a GF2 GTS board and it works just fine.

And crying bug, without any verification, is a sure fine way to get your posting rights restricted. I don't have time for such nonsense.

Check your system.

And the fact that you're starting the game by clicking on the bcm.exe file, in itself is just foolish. While that should work, there is a reason that program shortcuts are created.

Try adding the /d2 parameter to the shortcut and when it quits, check the resulting .log files (post them here if you want) for clues on what might be the cause.

Have you ever run any of the 1.0.08 RC versions? If not, did you actually try running just RC15 prior to patching to RC17, before crying bug? A lot of people are running RC15 - including all the testers - and no such non-startup issue has been reported.

[ 08-15-2002, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

ive had the exact same prob as fox__trot for all the 1.0.08 patch updates on one comp. it works fine through 1.0.07. reinstalling it never helped before. i havent tested rc17 yet, but i guessing it will respond the same way as all the other rc's

quote:

If you have an RC15 game in progress that you don't want to lose, save the contents of the SAVE folder and copy them back after you have completed the above procedure.

wouldn't that tacops GPF still be an issue if using an old saved game?

I've been experiencing the odd problem of BCM not starting with the 1.0.08 release candidates. I got it working, now.

I re-installed from scratch several times (uninstall, delete install dir, re-install, update as posted already above). That did not work.

Oddly enough, it worked when I ran the RC15 update from within the BCM install directory. Whether this is in an instruction somewhere I missed or not, I don't know -- but it seems to me to be the only variable changed between the previous time it didn't work, and this time that it did.

Machitis

quote:

Originally posted by Machitis:

Oddly enough, it worked when I ran the RC15 update from within the BCM install directory. Whether this is in an instruction somewhere I missed or not, I don't know -- but it seems to me to be the only variable changed between the previous time it didn't work, and this time that it did.

Machitis

Oddly enough, that is exactly the way that ALL BCM patches are supposed to be applied.

[ 08-15-2002, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

quote:

wouldn't that tacops GPF still be an issue if using an old saved game?

No because that GPF is not caused by anything that is stored in a saved game. The VCF explains clearly what the problem was. You might want to read it.

[ 08-15-2002, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Machitis:

Machitis

Oddly enough this has ALWAYS been the case. And what's even more startling is that this is not only displayed in bold Red letters on the downloads page, but also in the FAQ.

[ 08-15-2002, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]