BCM 1.0.08 RC30 Released!

Supreme Cmdr

RC30 has been released. It has a significant improvement in the Tacops mzone menu listing.

This 3MB update requires a previous RC23 or higher install.

And don't forget, if you are starting from a new game install, all you need is RC23 and RC30. You don't need any other prior patches. And RC23 is designed to install on top of any previous patch or install.

And remember, these are Beta patches. So use at your own risk.

Check the downloads page for the link.

The online VCF has also been updated.

[ 12-17-2002, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Yeah, it's this kind of support that makes it the kickass game that it is.

Ohh so itching to see the improvements, even if it means reverting to a new game. Ah well, the price you pay is worth it i guess.

quote:

Originally posted by JeR:

Yeah, it's this kind of support that makes it the kickass game that it is.

Ohh so itching to see the improvements, even if it means reverting to a new game. Ah well, the price you pay is worth it i guess.

This version is backward compatible up to RC26. If you don't want the patch to delete your saved games, move the contents of the SAVE folder to a safe location, patch, then move them back.

btw, about the mbase/sbase naming in the global map: that string comes from the mzone name. So, if the mzone name (e.g.EARTH-00[sBASE]) does not contain either sbase or mbase, it will not be filtered nor displayed as Red/Cyan on the global map.

I clean forgot that I only name primary bases like that.

So, due to the above, even though there are 53 star bases, 13497 military bases, 456 naval bases and 6446 cities in the entire game, you won't see all of them color coded on the global map.

..until the next version which is when it will be filtered based on the scene contained within the mzone, instead of by the mzone name.

Anyway, don't be surprised if, for example, on Earth global map, you only see about four color coded mbases.

And I'm also going to change the ZOOM-TO handling of the region names so that each region is its own tab, instead of just one. e.g. Earth has eight Terran/Military regions, but when you go to ZOOM-TO, all eight are collapsed into a single TER/MIL tab.

EDIT: I just got email from 3DGamers that the mirrors have been updated.

[ 12-17-2002, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Kewl, thanks for the tip SC, though after a rather nasty run-in with a group of insurgent cruisers my ship is badly damaged, stranded and I'm running low on galcreds, but I'm looking forward to the challenge

I stoped updating cause everytime i updated my campains would be deleted *saved games* but after reading what you sc about moving them that kinda is resuring... however won't the save games be incompatible?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I stoped updating cause everytime i updated my campains would be deleted *saved games* but after reading what you sc about moving them that kinda is resuring... however won't the save games be incompatible?

All saved games from RC26 and up will work with RC30 as SC stated above.