BCM 1.08 Final Patch Released!

Supreme Cmdr

This patch has been released. It is HIGHLY recommended that everyone update to this patch asap because it fixes a serious problem related to NPC units sometimes (only when AG occurs) going out of the region limit and bogging down the system.

It is a FULL patch which can be applied to ANY version of BCM. The mirrors should be updated shortly.

If you wish to use your saved games from the previous 1.08.33 version or higher, you should move the files in the SAVE folder to a safe location, patch, then copy them back to the SAVE folder.

Check the downloads page for the link.

The online VCF has also been updated.

[ 04-01-2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

If you wish to use your saved games from RC23 or higher, you should move the files in the SAVE folder to a safe location

Probably a good idea to defrag after installing the update and moving your saved files back.

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Fermin?? what was the meaning of posting that if SC already said it?? or are you just trying to up your post count

OOPs Hit the wrong button... there I edited my post

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

hehe

Defraging is ok.. but its not really required unless you INSTALL a game

Actually, when I first installed the patch, none of my old saves would work. I defragged and now all but one of them load up. The one that didn't load up had a problem anyway because the last time I played it, it was showing some of my Marines that were in an ATV back on earth, as being back on my ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

You have to use the -cheat console command. Read the VCF and it will tell all the cheats it enables. Thanks for adding that in SC.

I'm going through reading overload at the moment trying to catch-up and although I read the VCF, I ignored the -cheat details as I consider them at your own risk issues. Guess I better read that section this afternoon.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

I ignored the -cheat details as I consider them at your own risk issues.

They still are. Which is why I have that message in Red.

Glad to hear it, I had nightmarish visions of now having to find out which mode a player was in when such and such bad thing happened....

[ 03-23-2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

• 2 weeks later...