UC 1.00.02 RC Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

From the UC VCF v1.00.02:

You can now eject from a craft without having to first land it. This allows you to do silly and crazy things like, oh, I dunno, say (a) flying a fighter into another unit while ejecting at the last minute (
B)
dropping in on a carrier deck and stealing a fully functional fighter from its deck © ejecting from a craft that is sure to be destroyed in the coming moments etc.

I cannot wait to try out this feature. Very, very cool SC.

quote:

WARNING: Go saluting your troops in the middle of a hot zone and they'll all get shot in the head (since they have to drop their weapons in order to return the gesture)

that's classic right there

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

quote:

WARNING: Go saluting your troops in the middle of a hot zone and they'll all get shot in the head (since they have to drop their weapons in order to return the gesture)

that's classic right there

Trust me, if it hadn't happened to me, I won't have mentioned it as a warning. This is me in a hostile Insurgent base, seeing if my high AI marines would ignore the inbound shots and salute me. Well, they did.

Guest Fox__Trot

Hmmmm

*Salute*

Head shot!!!

*falls to ground*

Oh wait this isnt unreal tournament

However I think Patton might have something to say here

"If you can't get them to salute when they should salute and wear the clothes you tell them to wear, how are you going to get them to die for their country?"

- General George Patton Jr

• 3 weeks later...

BEFORE you post ANY bug reports, please READ the current version control file (see first post in this thread) to ensure that what you are about to report is

1. Not already being investigated

2. Not already fixed in the upcoming patch update

Thanks for your co-operation. Just don't make me have to delete your posts. That hurts.

I have released an RC1 of this patch to the mirrors. Once they start going online, I will post links here and on the downloads page.

No, it is not available on our servers, as I can't afford the bandwidth. Anyone who wants to host it, can send me PM.

EDIT. Some mirrors now have it online.

[ 02-10-2004, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Warning. This patch does not delete previous saved games. You will have to either delete them yourself (delete all files in the SAVE folder) or start a new game, because this build is not backwards compatible with 1.00.01 saved games. Sorry.

I have released an RC3 patch update. This requires that you had previously installed the RC2 update.

This patch is not available for download yet. To grab it, you have to login to your profile and there you will see the download link.

Aren't you glad you registered your copy of the game?

quote:

I have released an RC3 patch update.

Thanks!!

The blinking egress indicator is very helpfull.

quote:

How can I get RC2?

There never was a RC2 released.Apparently it was just internal.

Get RC3.

I have released an RC4 patch update. This requires that you had previously installed the RC1 or higher update.

This patch is not available for public download. To grab it, you have to login to your profile and there you will see the download link.

I will continued to release RC patches until the existing critical issues are resolved, then the final 1.00.02 patch will be available for public download.

I have released the RC5 patch. It is an rtPatch executable which can be installed on 1.00.01 (retail CDROM) or higher.

Saved games WILL BE deleted. So if you are using RC3 or higher, backup the contents of your SAVE folder, patch, then restore your saved file contents.