UC 2.00.00 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

I have today released this massive patch to the public. There are still a few problems (e.g. planetary ops) in multiplayer, but I didn't want to keep depriving those who aren't big fans of multiplayer, of this patch update.

Yeah, the version number is larger because, by an large, this patch is a pretty big generation step from the 1.0x kernel used in the retail build.

While waiting for the mirrors to be updated, you can start scanning the Version Control File to see all the new items.

WARNING: This patch is going to take longer to apply because it will be converting a bunch of files to a newer format. So make sure that you have at least an additional 100MB available on the drive where the game is installed. And whatever you do, do NOT interrupt this patch until you get the completion dialog.

If you bork this patch, you will have NO choice but to uninstall the game, re-install from the retail CD-ROM and re-apply it.

EDIT: The password for the public servers - open only to registered users - is now available via the registration page.

EDIT: Here is the MD5 hash for this patch. You can use a program such as WinMD5 to compare this hash against the file you downloaded.

1. download the patch and copy it into the game install folder.
  2. right-click on the MD5 hash file above and use Save-As to download it into the game install folder.
  3. Run winMD5 (or similar program)
  4. Go to File/Open MD5 file and load the patch MD5 file you downloaded above.
  5. Go to File/Open File and load the patch file you downloaded above.
  6. If winMD5 reports the status as good, then your patch downloaded correctly and can be used to patch the game.

[ 07-09-2004, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Installed but for some reason the ucmp executable works but the uc executable does not. Now I put this game aside so maybe I'm an idiot and forgot something but it is something I am observing right now.

I can't wait to try the new servers!

Oh dammit forgot to add that I got the patch from 3D gamers. Sorry.

Guest Shingen

Thumbs up on the new patch.

I've been playing most of the day ( online awhile but SP mostly ).

Frame-rates are greatly improved over RC7, load times for autogen are minimal, even without the preload thingy. Onplanet I think I've increased frames from 8-11 fps to 25-30 fps with default sets.

No crashes or CTDs in SP at all, though I did get 2 CTDs while hooked in server4. I don't know why.

Great work!

Going to right now SC!

I know you work very hard on 'the game,' and it is a genuine universe that one can really feel.

The new frame rate is very creamy smooth... Almost making me dizzy straffing cities.. :lol

I find myself putting games like FarCry and Sacred repeatedly on the back-burner to play UC.

Thanks for developing this game!

ProX

OK, the 2.00.02 RC1 patch is on the reg page now. All public MP servers should be updated in the next 10-15 mins.

There is still a graphical problem with the tractor beam, which I am looking into. e.g. when you tractor someone and jump into hyperspace, to them, they don't appear to have moved. Also, depending on your frame rate, the tractor may not work the first time you try it.

I have released 2.00.03 to the reg page and all mp servers are now running this version as well.

The tutorial is almost finished and will be made available as a separate download when ready.

If you previously downloaded 2.00.03 before reading this, you need to download it again and re-apply ontop of your current version. I found an error in one of the system scripts and which I have corrected.

I'm really sorry, but I just got back to the forums after being gone for awhile and just now buying UC.

I'm looking for the 2.0.0.3 patch, I logged into the registration pages, updated my profile with the information for Universal Combat, and clicked on all the selections I could within the registration page and I can't find the patch download area.

What i've been clicking, from the forum screen:

Register Here---->Login---(I Login)--->Then I see 7 clickable options from top to bottom: 3000AD Registration, LOG OUT, View public profile, Forum, Update your information, UC multiplayer servers info, log out.

None of those options take me to anything to download the file. When I go to file downloads and click on the file from the main bc3000ad.com website, it takes me to the login page for registering. What am I doing wrong?

Note. Those of you who have been running the game on UNSUPPORTED video cards (e.g. on GF4 MX boards because nVidia is faking shaders in earlier drivers), will find that in the v2.00.00 and up, you won't be able to play the game on the planet due to the revisions to the shader path. I only mention this because of a PM session between Shingen and I.