UC 2.00.11 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Check the reg page. The online VCF has also been updated.

You have to positively read the VCF before applying this patch. You have been warned.

For those of you new to UC. You need to install the v2.00.00 patch first, before installing this patch on top of it.

EDIT: Here is the MD5 hash for this patch. You can use a program such as WinMD5 to compare this hash against the file you downloaded.

1. download the patch and copy it into the game install folder.
  2. right-click on the MD5 hash file above and use Save-As to download it into the game install folder.
  3. Run winMD5 (or similar program)
  4. Go to File/Open MD5 file and load the patch MD5 file you downloaded above.
  5. Go to File/Open File and load the patch file you downloaded above.
  6. If winMD5 reports the status as good, then your patch downloaded correctly and can be used to patch the game.

[ 07-09-2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This patch has been pulled temporarily. I forgot to include a file. Will repost when re-uploaded.

Standby.

EDIT: The patch has been re-uploaded. If you downloaded it before the time stamp of this post, you need to re-download it and just re-apply it.

[ 06-13-2004, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

it's probably just me. but the new patch seems to have deleted all my save's and not just the quick saves[which i never use]. i don't care cause i'm just learning[ie. some bastard just stole my fc5 and i was going to restart anyway]. i tractored the fc5 and they blew it up just like you said -- cool!

i did read the vcf. i guess that's the source of my confusion. my saves have been deleted, and i have never used the quick save[cntrl-q] i've always used alt-g[like the tutorial says]. so i didn't see how there could be a quick-save signature in them. sorry.

I'm 100% positive that tha patch has deleted all my 2 saved games (the UC tutorial session profiles one for the commander and the other for the pilot) and I'm 100% positive that I've never used QS. No problem to me as I've already completed the tutorial but I think it can be an useful info. Just to let you know.

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

I'm 100% positive that tha patch has deleted all my 2 saved games (the UC tutorial session profiles one for the commander and the other for the pilot) and I'm 100% positive that I've never used QS. No problem to me as I've already completed the tutorial but I think it can be an useful info. Just to let you know.

Same here. I never use quick save. But since SC has laid the foundation of doubt as to pressing Alt-q or Alt-g I wouldn't stake my life on it. Anyway, the saved games are gone none the less after applying the patch 2.00.11. Well I and those who have the same issue are to blame for not putting the saved game files in a safe place (a backup directory or such). I forgot to do that. . Ah, no biggie since I really hadn't done much in single player as of late. Probably the reason why I wasn't to concerned about the saved game files since I am fairly diligent in that.

Remember to back up your save game files

I concur, the patch deleted all my saved games including one that I had just started in which all I did was launch from the base and then use the menu "save and quit" command. I would have deleted them anyways, I like to start a new game after each patch.

My save games were not deleted but when I tried to restore them the game seemed to lock in the startup phase. Again it's not a serious problem as I enjoy restarting after each patch and experiencing all the changes the patch brings about.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I keep a weekly updated sincronization of my valuable files, included downloaded files (I'm on a 56k dial up and it will take forever to download all those MBs) and saved games, on a IoMega Jaz disk so I'm always able to recover fast and safe from any kind of crash or system reinstall... ... it's a useful thing IMHO.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I always warn people to backup their saved games if the patch will delete them for any reason AND if the version is compatible. Look at the VCF and you will see these warnings.

All patch files since 2.00.00 are compatible with 2.00.11, hence the reason that none of the 11 patches since then, deleted any saved games.

This patch looks for a digitial signature indicating a saved game type (each saved game type has a unique signature) and will delete it if found. There is no room for error, because its four lines of code that checks for one signature or the other. I did this to alleviate ANY future issues which would be incorrectly attributed to Quick Save because once you've done it once, thats it.

If you had in fact backed up your saved games, then moved them back after the patch - and you had used QS - you would continued to have unexplainable problems which I simply do NOT have time to be screwing around with.

I enabled the QS feature in non-debug/cheat mode because some were complaining about having to quit the game in order to save. I had no idea that it would be misused (I mean, the games I have seen, some were using it during all kinds of circumstances e.g. after being hit by a missile!!!) and cause me aggravation. So, I have now disabled it again. If you value your game enough to want to save it, then you should be prepared to go the extra steps. Its not hard and only takes about 2-3 mins to be back in the game after a resume.

HOWEVER, in a future patch, I will be revealing the commandline cheat option (similar to the /cheat in BCM Gold) and it enables the QS feature. So, if anyone wants to use it, they will have to explicitly enable it.

quote:

Originally posted by Patrik Vanda:

My save games were not deleted but when I tried to restore them the game seemed to lock in the startup phase. Again it's not a serious problem as I enjoy restarting after each patch and experiencing all the changes the patch brings about.

Given that, the ONLY reason they would not be deleted, is if you did NOT run the patch from the game folder as you are SUPPOSED to. So, the next time you even think of posting about a problem. Don't.

I experienced the same as Patrick. I then ran the game in windowed (/w1) mode and found out the error message:

code:

FATAR ERROR:

Save file Corrupt, invalid PZ count

and on the other saved game:

code:

FATAR ERROR:

Save file Corrupt, invalid PA count

Maybe this is because I DIDN'T backup my saved game files.

I'm sure I ran the patch in the game folder, since I have a dl manager that downloads the files to specific folders and I just checked the folder it downloaded the file and I checked that it really existed in that folder before launching it.

The ONLY explanation for the patch not deleting an invalid saved game (as indicated in those messages) is if (a) the patch files are write protected (B) they are not found - and the only reason they would not be found, is if the patch was NOT run from the game folder.

There is NO other explanation as to why it would delete it on some people's machines and not on others. So, if anyone wants to investigate it, I'm more than willing to hear it.

Just did a clean reinstall of UC then moved my saved games back into the save folder. After installing patches 2.00.00 and 2.00.11 all the saves have been deleted.

Guess when I patched yesterday I made some kind of mistake. Sorry if I caused any confusion it's only because I care and want to catch any problems before they become too serious.

Anyway now everythings ok I'll start a new game and practice my skills for all the multiplayer mayhem thats coming up shortly

Guest Shingen

In RC11 there is no option to save and quit in the command/systems menu tab..only quit.

It also will not resume last, instead it goes to new game, so there is basically no way to save the game.

[ 06-15-2004, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Shingen ]

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

In RC11 there is no option to
save and quit
in the command/systems menu tab..only quit.

It also will not
resume last
, instead it goes to new game, so there is basically no way to save the game.

You're right! There is no save and guit option, but there IS "QUIT & SAVE GAME" option. And Presume last works just fine here. So only thing you need to do is fresh install.

Guest Shingen

OK something went foul on my end then, cause I can't save, or resume. The quit and save option is blacked-out and resume goes to the new game menu.