UC 2.00.12 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Check the reg page. The online VCF has also been updated.

You have to positively read the VCF before applying this patch. You have been warned.

For those of you new to UC. You need to install the v2.00.00 patch first, before installing this patch on top of it.

EDIT: Here is the MD5 hash for this patch. You can use a program such as WinMD5 to compare this hash against the file you downloaded.

1. download the patch and copy it into the game install folder.
  2. right-click on the MD5 hash file above and use Save-As to download it into the game install folder.
  3. Run winMD5 (or similar program)
  4. Go to File/Open MD5 file and load the patch MD5 file you downloaded above.
  5. Go to File/Open File and load the patch file you downloaded above.
  6. If winMD5 reports the status as good, then your patch downloaded correctly and can be used to patch the game.

Hello,

I have been trying to download the 2.00.12 patch for two days, I am registered and login but am directed to http://www.3000ad.com/register/registered.php then, which has no patch link... perhaps the server is down or something... it is just that I seem unable to join MP games because of this.

Perhaps someone could email my the patch? Is that possible?

Ransom

Until the server is back online, send email to tech support requesting the patch. You will then be given a temporary link that it tied to your registration info. You will have an hour to download the patch before the link expires.

Include your game CDKEY in the email or it will be ignored.

Hi Bugman, first of all your System Profile Information is not pointing to your system profile. Follow the instructions here.

Then either go to forum main page and click the Register Game! shortcut or click here.

Now click the login shortcut and fill up the needed information.

Now you should see the shorcut to dl the patch file in your registration page.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot get a good MD5 hash for either this patch (2.00.12) or the previous (2.00.11).

Using IE6, the download appears to go as any other. I end up with a 10.3MB file, but with a hash of CC6A29F5A33B551403F8396C2489D8CD.

When I try to run the patch (from UC folder) I get, not surprisingly, 'Invalid Patch File' followed by the path/filename.

For the previous patch I tried four d/l's on different days, same wrong MD5 each time. Thought I'd wait for the next RC and try again.

i got the same error and i am on 56k i think that has todo with your connection try downloadign a downloader system like realdownload.com that a free one and it has pause and resume so you can download part of it goto sleep eat etc. and later on resume it

Thanks SC and namotus for the help.

I'm on 56K dialup too. A friend with broadband has downloaded the patch for me and is sending it on a CD.

The one thing that puzzles me about this is why a bad download should consistently produce the same hash - i.e. it's bad the same way each time.

Still, problem solved for now. Hope I don't have trouble downloading ucHTL when it arrives! Thanks again.