UC 2.00.14 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Check the reg page. The online VCF has also been updated.

You have to positively read the VCF before applying this patch. You have been warned.

For those of you new to UC. You need to install the v2.00.00 patch first, before installing this patch on top of it.

The zip file contains the MD5 hash file. You can use a program such as WinMD5 to compare this hash against the file you downloaded. To check the download's MD5 hash, do the following:

1. download the patch and extract the contents into the game install folder.
  2. Run winMD5 (or similar program)
  3. Go to File/Open MD5 file and load the patch MD5 file located in the game install folder.
  4. Go to File/Open File and load the patch file you downloaded above.
  5. If winMD5 reports the status as good, then your patch downloaded correctly and can be used to patch the game.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

btw, the patch will invalidate
some
saved games. It was late when I wrapped up the patch yesterday, so I didn't have time to add this to the patch version of the VCF; though its in the online version.

Any common pattern of saved game we should know about or it's hard to say?

Solid looking patch, thanks as always for your efforts.

No, the game will run an integrity check for corruption, cheats, out of synch records etc. Usually you will get an error about a "dynamic" entity. If that happens, you can't use that saved game.

I put this in particularly so that I have more information about saved games and how people end up hosing their games due to something going on from their end and blaming the game for it. e.g. as was your case of a few days ago.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

btw, the patch will invalidate
some
saved games. It was late when I wrapped up the patch yesterday, so I didn't have time to add this to the patch version of the VCF; though its in the online version.

Alas, this has invalidated all of my current Roam saved games. Apparently something snuck in early and stuck around through all of my subsequent saves (I keep a cycle of saved games in the slots).

I haven't played it with the current save game set long. Only about a day of game time. Start over!