UC 2.00.15 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Check the reg page. The online VCF has also been updated.

You have to positively read the VCF before applying this patch. You have been warned.

For those of you new to UC. You need to install the v2.00.00 patch first, before installing this patch on top of it.

The MD5 hash file is also on the page. You can use a program such as WinMD5 to compare this hash against the file you downloaded. To check the download's MD5 hash, do the following:

1. download the patch and extract the contents into the game install folder.
  2. Run winMD5 (or similar program)
  3. Go to File/Open MD5 file and load the patch MD5 file located in the game install folder.
  4. Go to File/Open File and load the patch file you downloaded above.
  5. If winMD5 reports the status as good, then your patch downloaded correctly and can be used to patch the game.

Guest Shingen

Can someone try something?

Using the new 2.00.15 patch, starting a NEW campaign game sends me straight into the KILLED screen, after the game loads.

New Roam games work fine for me, as do saves, but everytime I try to start a NEW campaign, it goes straight into KILLED, after loading.

Tried it 3 times before I tried a reinstall...and 4 times after I did a full reinstall. Same result everytime.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks.

wot? lemme go check that.

EDIT: Works fine here. The game is running faster now and if you sit around after launch, you will immediately come under fire from the hostile raiders in the region.

In fact, you can try this theory yourself; just add the /i cheat to the commandline and run it.

[ 10-20-2004, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I get the same thing. If I start the ACM I'm killed instantly. I litterally see nothing but the "you were killed" message.

Also, all of the IA scenarios now start me on the outside of GALCOM HQ. The scenario script seems to be running (I get mission related radio messages), but my AE is spacewalking in every single mission.

I reloaded the game and patched up to 2.00 and everything seemed to work fine. As soon as I patched up to 2.00.15 the above happened.

quote:

Also, all of the IA scenarios now start me on the outside of GALCOM HQ. The scenario script seems to be running (I get mission related radio messages), but my AE is spacewalking in every single mission.

I can verify that. Plus I tried the /i cheat. Didn't make any difference.

Plus I verified my download with the MD5 Hash.Looks good.

Edit: Plus the tutorial scenario in roam. Looks like anything that follows a script has a problem.Looks like everything tries to startoff on the surface of Galcom HQ.

[ 10-20-2004, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Cc ]

Everything works 100% as it should. NONE of the scripts, nor the interpreter were modified in this patch and NONE of the revisions have ANYTHING to do with scripts.

That part about starting on the surface of galcomhq is just rubbish. If you folks have hosed your environment, start from scratch.

If you want to go back to the previous patch, be my guest, but this patch is fine and will remain as-is.

Until someone who knows what they're talking about (which excludes both of you) tells me otherwise, this issue is now closed.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

wot? lemme go check that.

EDIT: Works fine here. The game is running faster now and if you sit around after launch, you will immediately come under fire from the hostile raiders in the region.

In fact, you can try this theory yourself; just add the /i cheat to the commandline and run it.

I can't even get outside a station, in HUD (bridge) mode or even in the "launch fly-by" scene. The game just goes straight into KILLED. No way to sit around a station if I can't even get outside the thing.