UC 2.00.30 RC15 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Check the reg page. The online VCF has also been updated.

You have to positively read the VCF before applying this patch. You HAVE been warned.

For those of you new to UC. You need to install the v2.00.00 patch first, before installing this patch on top of it.

WARNING: Due to users going from the base 2.00.00 patch to the current 2.00.xx patch; this patch WILL delete ALL saved games. So, if you are upgrading from 2.00.19 or higher, backup the files in the SAVE folder before applying the patch. If you run an mp server, you should also backup your UCSETUPMP.INI file. After applying the patch, copy them back to the SAVE folder. If you attempt to do this with any saved game version earlier than the specified version, good luck bud.

This patch contains our unified GameCQ lobby which was to be released in the final patch. All our future games (including UCO for which it was designed), use this lobby.

It is add-free, spam free and provides a unified interface for chat, server browsing and joining, net browsing etc etc.

It is very much a Beta which we will keep on improving until finalized when Universal Combat Online goes Beta next year; since most of its features are specifically designed for that game only.

The VCF shows you how to install the program. It contains docs which describe the basic features. Everything else is self-explanatory.

Welcome to the future.

EDIT: If you get a "bootstrap" error when you try to connect to a server from within the lobby, your game path is not configured correctly in the registry. Go to this registry entry and make sure the "path" variable is correctly set to where the game is installed. Pay attention to the trailing backslash character in the path!!!

quote:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE3000adUniversal Combat]

"path"="C:Program FilesDreamCatcher3000ADUniversal Combat"

Do NOT go editing your registry if you don't know what you are doing!!!

[ 07-03-2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Looks like I packed an incorrect script into the patch. When you try to connect, the client is launching the single player world instead of the mp world.

Looking into it right now. Standby.

EDIT: OK, I have re-issued the patch. If you downloaded it before, grab it again and re-apply it as normal.

[ 07-03-2005, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I refreshed the patch this morning. Everyone needs to re-download and apply it on top of the current installation.

The new UCSETUPMP.INI file now contains fields allowing user servers to report to the GameCQ lobby.

SC,

I have downloaded and re-downloaded the RC15 patch and it is giving me a message Unable To Locate Component:

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_25.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I have re-installed and it is still giving this message. Before I start from scratch, just wanted to see if I may be doing something wrong during the installation process.

quote:

Originally posted by Courtney Cox:

SC,

I have downloaded and re-downloaded the RC15 patch and it is giving me a message Unable To Locate Component:

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_25.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I have re-installed and it is still giving this message. Before I start from scratch, just wanted to see if I may be doing something wrong during the installation process.

You don't have the latest version of Direct X

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Why did you tell him? Some of this people think that I spend time documenting VCF because I don't have better things to do.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Why did you tell him? Some of this people think that I spend time documenting VCF because I don't have better things to do.

Sorry, didn't see your post until after I posted mine then I had to leave because the baby woke up.. I'll read the entire thread next time before posting.

quote:

Caught me by surprise too until I actually read the instructions on the reg page. Sometimes ya have to pay more attention than normal.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

quote:

Caught me by surprise too until I actually read the instructions on the reg page. Sometimes ya have to pay more attention than normal.

Wot!!!

Guest Shingen

Hey, I didn't know if I should've started a new tech thread or this is just a simple problem.

Anyway, I getting weird graphical glitches on planetary surfaces for some reason. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this or if it's just on my end somewhere.

I don't remember it happening with that last patch.

shot 1

shot 2

shot 3

Thanks

Same problem here.

Updated divers to the latest Catalyst 5.6 plus did a clean install of UC.

Didnt help.

Zoom to a mission zone like Insurgent/Earth18[s Base]/Base_Earth02.

Plus I have some other information which may help.

I think I know whats going on. Lemme check something quick. brb

EDIT: Glitches due to DirectX 9 revisions. A new patch will be released later today.

[ 07-07-2005, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 9 months later...

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_25.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. I am also getting this error when I try to run the game after installing the ver 200.30 patch. I have directx 9.0c, whatelse could be wrong? I read the VCF but just bought the game today, New unplayed install. Patch version 200.00 works, the game starts no problem, only when I install ver 200.30 do I get this error.