UCAWA 1.00.06 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Use the game Updater to download and apply the patch.

The online VCF has also been updated.

NOTE: If this is the FIRST time that you are downloading a patch for this game, and your original CD-ROM is v1.00.01, be sure to download the latest Updater tool before using it. This replaces the original version included in the first release of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to get the patch without using the updater?

I would like to download them from my work computer as there I have broadband....

I tried yesterday evening and it took me a couple of hours and then the patch didn't worked correctly giving me an error.

I tried again and I ought to re-download it entirely.....

[ 09-27-2005, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]

Found, thanks anyway.

The download section bear the link..... I was used to the old RC habit of UC......

[ 09-27-2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]

Here I come again.....

I downloaded the patch from 3d gamers and installed it without problems.

Then I tried the updater (the second version) to see if everything was fine and no updates were available but it keeps telloing me that there is a new patch available: the 1.00.06.

I fear I'm missing something but I can't figure it out or it can be a problem in the updating system.

Can someone point me what I have to check to see if it's something on my end or not?

Look for the file named settings file in your game installation directory, and look at the game version entry. It should say version=1.00.06. If it doesn't, then something went wrong with your patching

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

Here I come again.....

I downloaded the patch from 3d gamers and installed it without problems.

Then I tried the updater (the second version) to see if everything was fine and no updates were available but it keeps telloing me that there is a new patch available: the 1.00.06.

I fear I'm missing something but I can't figure it out or it can be a problem in the updating system.

Can someone point me what I have to check to see if it's something on my end or not?

If you download a patch and don't use the Updater, how EXACTLY do you expect the Updater to know that you have updated it? The Updater keeps the current version number in the SETTINGS.INI file. If you manually patch the game, obviously that file will be showing a different number. And obviously Updater will attempt to download the patch, not knowing that you have patched manually.

If you apply a patch manually, you have NO BUSINESS using the Updater because the patch has nothing to do with Updater files and does not modify the SETTINGS.INI file. The patch only updates files it has control over, such as the UCSETUP.INI (and the registry) which will show the current patch level.

And no, there is NOTHING wrong with the Updater.

OK. Sorry.

I didn't know it was separate this way; I supposed it would have updated the settings.ini too.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll fix the ini manually so that the updater will not give that message again until a new patch is released.

[ 09-28-2005, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]