UCAWA 1.00.11 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Use the game Updater to download and apply the patch.

The online VCF has also been updated.

NOTES:

If you use the game's Updater, the process will go like this:

1. If you have any version lower than 1.00.07, it will download the 1.00.07 update first. After applying this, you need to run Updater again so that it can download the incremental update to the latest version. You will have to run the Update multiple times to get all the updates to the latest version.
  2. If you already have 1.00.07 or higher installed, it will download only the incremental update to the latest version.

Also, you can now view the VCF directly from the Updater (once it has self-updated itself to the newer version which supports this).

If you don't want to use the Updater, then you have to check one of the public mirrors for a link to the full v1.00.11 patch; which you should then copy into the game's folder and execute from there.

If the Updater downloads the patch but it doesn't run or you discover that it didn't patch, you may need to edit the SETTINGS.INI file in Notepad and make the following changes :

1. version=1.00.11 to version=1.00.10 (or change this to whatever the previous version was)
  2. location=. to location=%updater%

Then save the file and run the Updater again.

WARNING: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE PUBLIC PATCHES AVAILABLE ON DOWNLOAD MIRRORS IF YOU HAVE THE DOWNLOAD (DIRECT2DRIVE, TRYMEDIA ETC) VERSION OF THE GAME!! USE THE UPDATER INSTEAD. ONCE THE PUBLISHERS MAKE THEIR VERSIONS OF THE PATCH AVAILABLE, THE UPDATER WILL DOWNLOAD THEM. THE TIMETABLE FOR THOSE PATCH RELEASES IS UP TO THE PUBLISHER DUE TO HOW THEIR PROTECTION SYSTEM WORKS.

[ 01-17-2006, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I have released RC2 of this patch via the game registration page.

This is for the Starforce version ONLY. If you're not sure which version of the game you have, read this thread.

Be sure to READ the VCF before you download and use it.

Since this is not an official patch, you should backup the files which will be replaced by this patch archive before using it. Failure to do this would mean that you'd have to re-install the game if you have problems with this patch.

To apply, simply extract the files into your game folder, overwriting existing files.

Note that there is a saved game which uses profile 0. So if you have a game in progress which uses that profile, it will be overwritten unless you first back it up.

Please post all comments about the new audio system in this thread. Bear in mind that the battle sequence saved game is a stress test and you are unlikely to find yourself in such a battle under normal circumstances. Then again.

If you have 4.1 or 5.1 speakers (or even 6.1 or 7.1), prepare to get your teeth blown out. Crank up the volume.

Your SB Live! has 32 hardware channels, so there is little or no strain on the card even though 100 more (virtualized) channels are added as-needed based on the number of sounds being played.

I found myself observing this scenario mostly from the external view while switch from target to target using the . and , in the F10 camera view.

Great tweaking, it works here flawlessly

First impression:

1- Improved framerate max:113fps min:46fps more freq:~90-100fps

2- The PTA firing is now visible, the sound is loud and better than before.

3-This alternative to directsound is really something, good job every one.

I killed them all without the "/i" backup, considering there is 3 months I haven't played the game its a little exploit.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

Im hearing one loud buzzing of PTA fire and it cuts out and in... sometimes it cuts out completely.

...and the problem is what exactly? If the sound moves out of range, it will attenuate.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

I think the battle is just too much for my sound card,

Probably

quote:

can't keep up with 100 pta going off per second.

Thats incorrect. You don't have 100 PTA sounds going off every second. Where exactly did you get that from?

quote:

Originally posted by babs:

2- The PTA firing is now visible,

Yeah, that was a different tweak in this version. Its listed in the VCF.

The sound is great, even on my crappy sound card.

One question though. Is it just me, or has the coms background chatter (environmental sounds when on bridge) become louder than before? Seems to me that the officer and pilot reportings has become a little more muffled in the background?

Oh well, the sound is still great though

I have uploaded RC3 with some revisions which I hope will alleviate some of the strain on low end (e.g. sub-par on board audio) audio cards.

This is pretty much the extent of these audio revisions.

NOTE: This RC3 version will revert to software audio mixing if the audio card does not possess at least 32 hardware channels. Software mixing is a little slower (its done on the CPU) than hardware mixing (done on the audio card) in some cases. This revision should ensure that this audio rev works on all audio systems; including crappy on-board audio chipsets.

[ 01-08-2006, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I don't know if this is an effect of the latest RC3 fix, but it seems that especially explosion sound fx now have a softer "touch" on my on-board-crap-card. Sounds a lot more BOOM'ing and powerful than before. Great

quote:

Im hearing one loud buzzing of PTA fire and it cuts out and in... sometimes it cuts out completely.

...and the problem is what exactly? If the sound moves out of range, it will attenuate.

but the thing is I haven't gone any distance from the battle.

But I will get a better sound card anyhow

The final version of the patch has been released and is available via the in-game updater.

If you were using a previous RC version, the updater will install the latest version. You don't need to do anything.

The mp servers will be updated later this evening.

You have to READ the VCF because it contains new info not available in the RC versions.

I'm getting good audio performance and stability, no sounds breaking up, average fps of 19 when using the all sounds setting, very impressive when everything's happening all around you

However, as far as I can tell I'm getting no attenuation with distance on the sounds of PTA, main gun fire and ship explosions, they sound just as loud when they happen within 2km of me as when they are on the other side of the region (when all the enemy fighters still active jump away and the freindly fighters jump after them and engage, or if I jump away from the battle in the middle of it and there's nothing within a few hundred thousand clicks of me).

Could be just the onboard sound card I have not supporting something.

Attentuation works just fine. Assuming of course that your audio drivers are not buggy. The sounds will attenuate around 10km from you.

As I explained before, the sounds still playing could be whats left in the channel that wasn't already played (regardless of whether you jumped or not).

FYI, AC97 audio is rubbish for games. Be glad that it actually works.

very nice, more booming, no sound corruption, A lot more sounds can be comfortably played at once (my system never could cope with having all sounds on, I only ever had 'at my craft' selected before this patch.)

in general a big