UCAWA 1.00.14 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

My fault. I forgot to upload the new .XML file that Updater needs. Try it now please.

EDIT: I deleted your post. You haven't yet downloaded the .14 patch, yet you were posting about a previous patch KNOWN to be problematic? Gimme a break.

[ 04-30-2006, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please reread my post. I was able to download .14 after you posted your new .XML file.

The date on my .exe's are 27/04/06 3:12PM and 3:13PM for the single player and MP .exe respectively.

good evening.....i recently purchased UCAWA from D2D, installed game, ran game once too make sure it ran ok then ran game updater too .14, i was getting the same errors as others who posted here, I rolled back the update and ran game updater again just about an hour ago and went into the game, i get the 3000AD logo and crash too desktop.

my system profile is uptoo date with one exception the video card i use is an nvidia 5500 256meg, drivers were updated a week ago.

Rolled back and reinstalled .14

I am still getting the same crash where it just exits to desktop shortly after displaying the 3000AD logo. No error message.

Ran it again as suggested. It displays the empty (black) window with the title UNIVERSAL COMBAT: A WORLD APART (Version 1.00.14 of May 1 2006) then it closes. No error or message of any sort.

Add /w1 /d5 to the shortcut and try it again. Post the contents of the debug log files.

Also, make absolutely certain that you have installed the April DX runtime. When in doubt, re-install and reboot.

I re-downloaded the directx update from your link in this thread, installed and rebooted.

I the game with the switches above (/w1 and /d5), same result, exits to desktop with no error.

There is a ucdebug.log file created but it has a 0 byte value, it's empty. First time that has happened to me...

Positive, it's there. I even ran it a few times and it's definitely being created, but empty.

Good luck SC, let us know when you have something else for us to try.

If someone else could also test this latest patch, that would be great to confirm it's not something wrong with my PC. Also to see if they are getting a blank ucdebug.log file.