My Challenge to all so-called BC3K Players

Gallion

As the subject this topic suggest, I challenge any and all so called BC3K players to play this eek.gif

Download and unzip into the your ..bc3000ADscripts folder. I suggest that all read the readme.txt file before playing. Failure to do so wll result in immediate DeD deconstruction biggrin.gif

Read all incomming commlink messages. Things/situations are not always as they first appear.

Insurgent type pukes will enjoy these missions.

You have been warned.

Please notify me of any problems via e-mail. My e-mail addy is avail at the Fleet DB page.

I have 3 more TOD planned for this ACM campaign.

Enjoy cool.gif

TTFN

[Ed Note - Fixed file link]

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

GCV Graf Spee, Starbase Cerberus

Fleet Leader - Wraith Fleet (Pro Tem)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Corsair Wing

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 11-12-2000).]

Well aint that just a pisser redface.gif Fergot to include one file (the des file for those that care to know).

Rectified situation. Please download again. My appologies to all.

TTFN

P.S. THere be more to come soon, I promise rolleyes.gif

ttfn

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 11-04-2000).]

cwm4.gif WOW! NICE ! Your scripts are INTENSE! I love it. I highly suggest to anybody that's into bc play it. BC3k never cease to amaze me.

Just finished playing the first mission, looking forward to future missions smile.gif. Sad thing is I GOT to get some work done frown.gif. Maybe another fix tommrow?

I'll stat it as soon as I finish the oringinal ACM smile.gif 2 missions to go biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

You are one sadistic little s of a b. Exactly how many enemy (galcom) battlecruisers did you put in that thing? Killed one and at least one more and about 20 ICs (it seemed) beat the stew out of me. Sigh, got killed four times in a row and gave up out of exasperation. You built a toughie. cwm21.gif

May give it another go when I get over this snit I'm having.

One good thing though. Machine kept up a steady 25 fps with the bridge view on. cwm11.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

quote:

You are one sadistic little s of a b. Exactly how many enemy (galcom) battlecruisers did you put in that thing? Killed one and at least one more and about 20 ICs (it seemed) beat the stew out of me. Sigh, got killed four times in a row and gave up out of exasperation...

What is this rolleyes.gif DO I hear whinning from an Insurgent eek.gif E-gads man - did ye really think that you could just walk away with a shinny new BCMkII and not have to pay for it confused.gif Check ye CommLink messages cool.gif

TTFN

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

hehe, I look forward to playing a BCM version of it. I haven't seen the script (you should ALWAYS include ALL source in distributed files, whether you are finished or not) yet, but it sounds interesting.

I suspect that a bunch of scenarios will start showing up once I clean up the GBS docs and add more notes to it, so maybe I will create a public FTP to upload/download GBS scripts.

Uploaded new zip file to above location and included script files.

GBS is not as difficult (overall) now that I getting me feet into it. Look forwarded to new scenario scripts and updated GBS docs too biggrin.gif

TTFN

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

quote:

What is this DO I hear whinning from an Insurgent.

I'm not whining, this is out and out b*tching. smile.gif

quote:

E-gads man - did ye really think that you could just walk away with a shinny new BCMkII and not have to pay for it.

No, but neither did I think you would send the whole fleet after it. I'm surprised there wasn't a probe puttering around or a garbage scow to clean up the mess. And if this were BCM I bet you'd have some EVA marines buzzing around like gnats.

quote:

Check ye CommLink messages

I did. It said, "Interceptor One destroyed, Interceptor Two destroyed, Interceptor Three destroyed, Interceptor Four destroyed. " just before I saw my BC explode. While it was switching to the comlink board Paul Resnig used his dying breath to report, "We have run out of combat kits".

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

Official BC3K Tester

LOL!!!

C.H, did you upgrade to full armor and shield? I died the first time after 30 seconds out Galcom, I guess get out earth as soon as possbile and fight the galcommies in Pluto. I lost 2 interceptors, 1 shuttle, my bc waz pretty banged up but I fixed it. I'm on to cargo salvage operations now.

I'm going back in smile.gif

quote:

...I'm not whining, this is out and out b*tching. ...

Good biggrin.gif IMO, this means that you are happy. I suggest that you Start a New Game in a new Pofile and do the following:

• Read the enclosed IACMreadme.txt file (there be some decent hints)

• Read and understand the mission message.

• Hostile craft cannot target what they cannot see.

• Refamiliarize yerselves with the fine BC3K manual. Pay particuliar attention to Appendix Q, Craft Database. Each spacecraft in BC3K has a MAX RADAR RANGE.

• Does anyone remember what a Patrol Zone is rolleyes.gif

• In TOD2-M2/5 the player needs to pay attention to incomming comm messages. Failure to do so will result is the player missing something. Things change in plans once contact is made with an enemy. I tried to maintain this premise throughout hte IACM.

• The IACM is based on the original ACM the SC scripted. This does not mean that it will play the sameway. In fact I have either completely rewrote or changed most of the original ACM mission scripts.

I have toned this IACM down some since first inception. It use to be much harder eek.gif folks. Think of this as the original ACM before the SC rewrote them to include Mision Success: and generally made them easier.

Last hint - dont sit on your laurels performing sweep operations either. More visitors will be paying the player a call.

TTFN

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 11-06-2000).]

On my last ACM, probably gonna start your's today. I think I might just "disappear" after leving galcom.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

quote:

C.H, did you upgrade to full armor and shield?

Best Armor, Best Shield, Best Engine, and a Lattex/NB reactor. The only problem is, even with half the guys working on armor and the other half working on the shield it still takes about ten minutes to finish the upgrade. You are eyebrow deep in Galcommies by that time. Not only that, instead of the one minute wait the SC gave us Gallion has an immediate alarm going off.

The trick to getting out of Earth unscathed is to run like a scalded dog. Immidiately upon launch hit the afterurners. Then with the other hand do a quick "W", "P", and shift + ]" to get your shields up. Half a sec max if you good. At this point you can click in the hud and go to tactical and set you crew up and unload your shuttles. Start upgrading in logistics as well. Last stop Navitron. Set destination and log off. Hyperjump is charged upon launch so you immediately take off to the Pluto jumpgate. Once out of hyperdrive switch autopilot off, hit the afterburners again, and get up to around 2000 clicks per sec. By this time the IC's will be after you but your shields will be up so it won't be bad at all. Wait until you're between 5 and 8 clicks from the jumpgate and turn autopilot back on. Coast through the jumpgate and you in Pluto.

Once in Pluto your shuttles should start lighting up on the TLM and you can send them out to collect those pods. Just in time for every last piece of it to hit the fan. biggrin.gif

The pods are a bit full if you haven't unloaded the shuttles. Found that out the hard way. And unlike a certain cwm6.gif [rp]cowardly Corsair [/rp] we all know cwm38.gif I've never been much for sneaking around.

I know what a patrol zone is as well. smile.gif It's where you have to stay to avoid a violation and more often than not make sure there are no enemies left around as well. wink.gif Staying hidden kinda defeats the purpose of that I think.

If Derek had left any this hard people would be crying foul to this day. [bg]

If I remember correctly you can't dock with enemies around. Yet the ODS in the territory is enemy as well. May have to check that out as well.

quote:

Good IMO, this means that you are happy.

Just not as flustered as I was the other day. It will be a challenge. I like a challenge even if I consistently lose. Gallion knows this. Will just have to try again.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

Official BC3K Tester

quote:

If I remember correctly you can't dock with enemies around. Yet the ODS in the territory is enemy as well. May have to check that out as well.

You can't but yer shuttle can.

After you blast them lame excuess for existence wannabe insurgent number galcommie sucks ODS out of the freakin orbit you can dock with the bc. biggrin.gif

Did that already, and with the BC. Repaired but I'm still in bad shape. Took about two days game time I think. It's getting better. Took two of the suckers out right off. IC's to defend the BC seemed to help a little. But a all craft RTB confsed the poor FE's in all the hub bub. Three of them got destroyed. Don't know whether to try again or keep what I got.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

Official BC3K Tester

Hey Gallion, your link is broken. It shows "IACMTOD1-2.ZIP" and I found "IACMTOD1-3.ZIP" in your BC3Kscripts folder, like it should be. I dl'd it straight from there. BTW, great stuff.

P.S. When you're going to authorize me in your ICQ wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining, GENESIS (Moon)

26 Squadron Commander, 2nd squadron

Prime fleet, Gamma Wing

Link fixed cool.gif (knew I fergot sumthin') thanks Papi

TTFN

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 11-11-2000).]

quote:

Finished TOD3 and made some minor corrects to the first 2 TODs.

Minor typos. I think you intended Pestcontol to be Pestconrol. One tense error. Towards the end of Tod 1 3/5 you have "ship" docked at Majoris +some EP's then you have ship didn't docked at Majoris -some EP's.

Which conditions must be met to get the orders to Capture Tulon? I haven't seen that. Went back thru the whole commlink log. At one point about three pics and four messages pop up on the screen. Right around the time the Terran Dip is destroyed. A bit crowded and hard to read them with a fast delay (so turn the delay down , duh smile.gif). But that's just a nitpick.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

Official BC3K Tester

hmmmmm...ye cannot spell either biggrin.gif Pestconol should be Pestcontrol - fixed that.

As to other irregularities:

• resolve_tod1m2

IF tulon TAKEOVER terran insurgent THEN

IF DOCKED f1 THEN

broadcast "Mission success: Tulon Station Captured - +4000 Experience Points!"

broadcast "Medal Awarded! +1 COMBAT SHIELD MEDAL"

broadcast "Summit Location Reported to Spectre HQ!"

broadcast "+2500 EXPERIENCE POINTS"

ep_add,6500

add_medal 6,1

acm_next

ELSE

broadcast "You failed to capture Tulon Station!!"

broadcast "Mission failure - Summit Location not Reported to Spectre HQ!"

broadcast "-7500 EXPERIENCE POINTS +1 VIOLATION"

broadcast "This is your first and last failure Commander!"

broadcast "Your next one will be fatal!"

ep_dec,7500

violation_add,1

ACM_NEXT

ENDIF

ENDIF

endevents

That should fix it biggrin.gif As long as next mission comes up all is well. Above will be included in next release. Testing TOD4 now eek.gif

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 11-11-2000).]

Insurgent ACM is now complete. Barring any major script errors that is. I hope all who play this ACM enjoys it. This is not an easy campaign - you are warned. Most Mission Failures will result in ACM Termination. Sorry, had flashback to original ACM scripts way back in v2.0 days.

Pay attention to commlink message traffic.

TOD5-M1/1 is long ... real long .... real bloody long. But I thought that the extra time was needed, player will have to traverse the Terran Quadrant alot plus familiarize themselves with the good old manual to succeed in this mission.

Final warning - beware of Corsairs bearing gifts biggrin.gif

TTFN

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 11-12-2000).]