A couple of questions

Ok,

I've been playing around with GBS for BC3K to see what I can do and what I can't. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on a few questions?

1. I'd like to simulate a ship that's damaged (easy enough, I thought I could use the damage_system command, see below) and floating aimlessly (rolling and yawing at low rates- not so easy). Why? Dramatic effect.

- Tried halt but that leaves the ship "frozen" in space.

- Tried activating then damaging systems (engine,reactor) but damage_system doesn't seem to recognize the wing/ship I am trying to damage (the ship was also part of a wing? Would that cause a problem?).

- Tried setting engine and reactor attributes to 0 on initialization. That doesn't work for my purposes. The ship/wing returns to galcom hq under it's own power without direct orders using a hyperjump ( an otherwise sensible thing to do since it is clearly in distress. )

2. Is there any way to modify BC personnel or NPC object attributes using a script command?

Thanks again in advance.

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: Joaquin ]

Well, I hope that makes my question clearer.

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Joaquin ]

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I figure out my first question. Lets see after rummaging through three years of accumulated memories I think I remember reading that it isn't possible to change the individual attributes of the crew directly. I sure hope it is in GBS-II.