Macross: Battlecruiser Millennium total conversion

Vigilince

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The web site is almost finished, and might be up this week, or no later then next week. I have the new character faces ready, which I will so implement into the game. The new soundtrack is also finished and will be posted up for download soon. Heres a screenshot of the VF-11 that I have just finished. Still needs texturing.

Screenshot: http://www.freewebz.com/macross/vf-11.gif

Also im still in need of help with the conversion. Im currently looking for anyone who can assist in modeling and texturing. If you think you can help in other area's let me know. E-mail me at [email protected] if your interested.

quote:

Originally posted by Eihort:

So when are you going to do the Battlestar Galactica MOD and the Space: Above and Beyond MOD?

Just some little remarks from little ol me.

OMG! Space: Above and Beyond would be SOOOOOO cool! And the technologies would just about fit too

That's a series that should never have died. Or maybe it will always be excellent because it did.

Nice quote there, Eihort.

Anyway, this would be interesting to see, but I've always been an advocate for originality, so unfortunately you won't see me giving much support.

2 comments on the mod:

There's been some new developments in the DYRL mod for HomeWorld, they actualy got the veritechs to transform! A model editor named Guyffon pulled it off, simply by taking advantage of features in the game. In HomeWorld, when a ship with turrets moves near an enemy, the turrets are activated and start moving. One example is with the defender ship, which has turrets which come out of the side. With the DYRL mod, when a fighter gets near an enemy vessel, the "turret" model animation procedes, but instead of using turrets, the animation is for the whole ship to transform, and it looks pretty close to the real deal.

Looking through BCStudio, I noticed animations for various models,such as the BC MK1. For instance, opening and closing cargo bays, and descending and ascending landing gear. These features are not implemented in-game, however, so I doubt that they can be used for the mod(such as including a way to activate a "transform" animation). So I'll ask directly. IS it possible to use the model animation features without editing the games code? More importantly, is the answer ,"Yes, if you know how"?

One last thing. Assuming you could control it with a GBSII script, if you wanted to create scripts following the plot of SDF Macross: The Movie, you could use the RANDOM, along with several other OTS missles, to simulate the Zentraedi bombing of Earth.

Yes

EDIT: Hopefully without any Minmei songs

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

I like the idea with simulating the destruction of the Earth, and the plot line from Macross The Movie. Im still in the process of finishing the new models, but this is proving very time consuming along with the fact im still doing the project by myself...

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

So I'll ask directly. IS it possible to use the model animation features without editing the games code? More importantly, is the answer ,"Yes, if you know how"?

No. Only the character animations are supported.

To put in support for those (doors, landing gear etc) animations, it would need to be coded in-game.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

No. Only the character animations are supported.

To put in support for those (doors, landing gear etc) animations, it would need to be coded in-game.

Darn.

Well, we COULD make it a "just for looks" mod like the FS2 RoboTech TC....

EDIT: And I'll bet you CAN'T re-code the game, unless your initials happen to be D.S....

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Dread:

It seems sort of sad to me. BCM *just* came out, and people are already trying to change it from the excllence it is into something else. Why didn't people just make all these games themselves while many of us were waiting a long time for the real BCM to come out. Just my 2 cents...

Because the SC developed the frame for every game we ever wanted, everyone wants to fill in thier own gaps instead of leaving it so wide open ... plus you won't have to worry about copy right infringement. :')