BCM Script

Gallion

Does anyone have any idea how the scripts work... I know that is a little vague, but what I mean is, how do you access the scripts in the game. Are they tacked on to the end of ACM, or can you get at them from roam mode, or do they competly repace the ACM scripts?

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Jose Ramierez ]

If you choose Roam as your career from the beginning, you get to select them from Miscon when you're logged into your launch base at the start of the game.

Try it now and you'll see the two current campaigns available.

quote:

Originally posted by SmileyMan:

Will it be possible to flag the scripts so that they are only availble to specific races and/or castes?

quote:

from the VCF v2.3.09.09 - 09.14.01

Mod creators and campaign scripters are encourage to adopt this procedure when creating campaign scripts. Once you have determined what race, caste, career etc can be used, force the script to change them, thereby overriding any user selections in SNG, for better control. e.g.

!init_player

set_race terran

set_caste military

set_career commander (optional. Requires set_asset override)

set_asset battlecruiser_mk1 (optional. Requires set_career override)

Yes

CYA

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

• 4 months later...

Here's a little script I wrote for Prime Fleet Wargames, feel free to dl and try.

I've made a supply depot with mission zone in the surface of one of the Saturn moons, so you need to alter your pteDefs.ini in your pte2 folder (remember to backup your original in case you want to go back to the original).

You can use Prime2.bat, which installs the needed files and backups your original file and when you're finished with the script run recover.bat

Full instructions in "Mission description" follows with the zipfile.

The mission is limited to 1 hr, after that you can continue as a roam mission if you like.

Have fun

[ 04-11-2002, 06:39: Message edited by: Papi ]