Editing Ship Data

Brian1

Not sure where to post this one so I'm putting it in the general forum.

I was just goofing around and figure it looks like I can edit the cruiser data files.

Probably mess up multiplayer uses if I do... but hey I normally never play online these days.

Has anyone else tried it?

Yeah edit any of those ini files with the magic number at the top and your game will not load. Of course this brings up the question... How will we mod the assets stats? I feel like a carrot was dangled in front of me because I knew it wouldnt be THAT easy to mod the assets

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: cougarxg1 ]

quote:

Originally posted by cougarxg1:

Of course this brings up the question... How will we mod the assets stats? I feel like a carrot was dangled in front of me because I knew it wouldnt be THAT easy to mod the assets

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: cougarxg1 ]

Wait for GBS-II to be released and pray that the SC will include some additional tools

TTFN

Once I release GBS-II, I will decide what to allow modification of. In fact, I put those sig checks in the files in order to prevent tampering. Next thing you know, some idiot goes and tampers with critical files and starts posting bogus bugs when he's hosed the integrity of his BCM install.

quote:

Originally posted by cougarxg1:

Hey SC if you give me the power to mod a little more than the model and I will be sure to include many airlocks with easy access for the phoney bug whiners

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: cougarxg1 ]

You haven't even scripted a GBS mission/campaign and now you want power-mod access?

Patience is required here. Give the SC time to stamp the BCM quirk list and to release GBS-II. In the mean time, I suggest working on the model conversions. Post progress updates of the model conversions that can be verified. The SC hates shadow hunts and half efforts.

TTFN

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

• 2 weeks later...

Just a questionregarding modifications to the models. I read that you have to make sure you add all the tags for the models, but is it possible to add extra ones? Could I add those BC strobes to a firestorm, or would that send everything haywire?

Cheers