GBS I scripting to train your skills for GBS II

Papi

Here's my idea, only way to successfully mod BCM you have to have basic GBS I skills, right?

So, now is the time to start training.

Even though GBS II is not yet available, we have GBS I to play around with.

I think only way to have feedback on our scripting skills is to publish the work we're on.

So far only Gallion and Pugwash has done that.

Now it's my turn, and I hope to see many of you do the same.

It don't have to be very "complexed" (like you can see from my script ).

This script is for BC3K only and very, very simple station capturing training mission (did I have too many -ing's there ).

Actually first part of the series of GalCom Academy scripts I've been playing around with. It's more of a training for me to train my skills in scripting .

Maybe I'll port them to the BCM when GBS II becomes available, if there's enough interest.

Well, that's about it, here it is.

Have fun

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Papi ]

Just unzip all files into scripts folder, start new game and select "BASIC TRAINING: STATION CAPTURING" mission from miscon.

Although this works too, there is few flaws in the script that I will change, I'll load new file when I have found a workaround.

Thanks for trying this.

Not yet Gallion, just warming up and gathering tools .

So far it's been more like "masochistic"

I got some real stuff cooking, so be ready. This is just one of my "finger practice" (I'm not sure how to say it in english) to get my technics better to be sadistic

To those who have seen the GBS-II: How similar is it to GBS-I? Is it worth learning the ins and outs of GBS-I (noting that I am a software developer, so the basics of scripting languages in general are not new to me) or should I wait for GBS-II?

GBS II is basically the same as GBS I. So, you can get a head on if you start learning GBS I.

You can find some of the modifications in BCM beta version control file.

Surely there will be many things different from GBS I, but I remember that SC said that it's at least 80% the same.