Roam Missions again - but with another point of view

Gustavo

I've been reading the postings about generate missions in ROAM mode. I agree, missions in ROAM mode is the Campaign mode. That's it.

But I would like to ask if It's possible to set into the ROAM mode, some special objects or situations for researching.

It would not be a mission properly. The objects would be just there waiting for you to find them and use, sell them or whatever.

A RPG game is a good example. You can walk around free and find "things" that are still there, waiting for you. I Just would like to point that SEARCH and RESEARCH is the matter, not combat. It would be a choice: sometimes I want to research, othertimes I want to go into combat. We are in space and there should be a lot of "strange" things to be found.

don't you think??

It would still be a campaign.

When a player SNG and selects ROAM or a Campaign, that is it. The game session/universe is set and cannot be change after the player selects ACCEPT in MISCON.

Until BCO hits the street, there is no changing it. Unless or course the SC gets a real wild one up his backside and totally rewrites the code - which I don't see happening until BCO hits alpha mode.

Bottom line: Won't happen until BCO.

TTFN

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]