Playmod cheat utility released

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been messing with this little thing for a bit now.

so i got some advice...

DON'T USE set cheat 1 (the set all crew ai ect to 100 one)[see playmod.txt if u don't understand]

it sets all the marine, flight eng and sys eng up.

that means its only good for the Stormcarrier.(i think)

i'll tell you why too...

say u got a BCmk3 launched, you got 10 sys engs right?

well if you use set cheat 1 you get 20. and guess what happens?

try to use that 11 sys eng and you crash right to the desktop, or don't bother a min later no matter what you do you crash right to the desktop.

so how do you get a good ai? do it maunally. set each crew member u want to the ai, lf, ff, etc u want. i put it in a .bat file.

refer to the playmod.txt for more info.

oh and some reason my bridge always gets knocked down to 50%... haven't figured that one out yet...

Here are the correct values for the 'assignment' keyword (playmod.txt line 223). This correction will be in the next version of that text file. For now, cut and paste into your version.

code:

assignment 744 (on station)

841 (transporter)

858 (searching)

860 (medibay)

861 (detention hold)

879 (prep for combat)

745-760 (FC1-16 pilot)

761-776 (FC1-16 co-pilot)

842-857 (SC1-16)

883-898 (OC1-16)

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jigoku San:

DON'T USE set cheat 1 (the set all crew ai ect to 100 one

oh and some reason my bridge always gets knocked down to 50%... haven't figured that one out yet...

Will look into them both. I actually noticed the secone one last night myself when I built and tested it.

To increase the AI for all officers, stick these in a batch file

echo Setting all officer AI to 100

playmod set officer 1 ai 100

playmod set officer 2 ai 100

playmod set officer 3 ai 100

playmod set officer 4 ai 100

playmod set officer 5 ai 100

playmod set officer 6 ai 100

playmod set officer 7 ai 100

playmod set officer 8 ai 100

And if you want to be sure that they are on-station, add these. Note that the 'as' keyword will be changed back to 'assignment' in the next version.

echo Setting all officers to ON STATION

playmod set officer 1 as 744

playmod set officer 2 as 744

playmod set officer 3 as 744

playmod set officer 4 as 744

playmod set officer 5 as 744

playmod set officer 6 as 744

playmod set officer 7 as 744

playmod set officer 8 as 744

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I just used the Playmods (CC/MK3/Military). I know that using them is unsupported , but I noticed that you cannot actually see the HSD option on the HUD. Moreover, I recognized that I have a CTD after sometime, when actually using the HSD. I'm not quiet sure about this, but I believe it only occurs after using the HSD. I also bought the artifacts from Galcom HQ and did not "mod" them in.

I will try to start a new profile without buying the HSD maybe that helps with the CTD. Besides what's the amount limit for finances?

PS: I really love this game..just went to Neptun to get some lighting ideas

Aw, man. And I just made a post on how much I hate cheating at all. ...must... resist...

No... this isn't really cheating. It's not a cheat program. It's a modification. Yes, that's it. A harmless mod. For testing different parts of the game. Yes... Now I'm going to go download this mod and "test" how the people of Earth respond to having a RANDOM dropped on them.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Did you actually use it?

Lets just say that after I got *trigger happy* there was no one left on earth to give me any violation points! BUMUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(cough)HAHAHAH(cough)

I actually kind of like the way the sunset backdrop looks after RANDOMizing a planet.

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: LordDavid ]

Guest Phantom3253

I tried the playmod. Is it me or does the bridge keep on being damaged? Also I'm getting lots of CTD's. Oh well. Anyone else having the same problem? I see that a few have the same probs.

Ok, I'm gonna try an experiment(and I don't care whether it will work or not, I'm just trying it ). Using an EF Pilot career, I'm using Playmod to add non-missile items to the FC's weapon bay. That includes artifacts(P.A.D. or RANDOM in a fighter?? ), minerals, and personnel.

That's right, if this works, you can shoot Resnig out of a torpedo tube.

EDIT: Yeesh, when he says ,"Use at your own risk", he means it. My BCM crashes to the desktop with an illegal operation. I'll try deleting all my saved games, but otherwise I'm re-installing. It won't be that hard to rebuild, especialy using Playmod...

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

Ok

EDIT: Yeesh, when he says ,
"Use at your own risk"
, he means it. My BCM crashes to the desktop with an illegal operation. I'll try deleting all my saved games, but otherwise I'm re-installing. It won't be that hard to rebuild, especialy using Playmod...

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

Duh Nice try though

When the SC states this, it is wise to listen

Been there, done that, made the t-shirt, didn't sell well

TTFN

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Hm.... T-Shirts... Have you ever thought of selling 3000ad logo or BCM logo wear stuff, like at CafePress? I know I'd buy one. And a 3000ad hat, too!

(Yep I love fan merchandise.... Take this great (l33t ) Mega Tokyo shirt....)

Blame the medpacks; i've been going off topic all day.

(Am I the first post of the new year?)(YES!!!!!!! Bow before me & ph33r m3!!!!!!!!!)

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]