Playmod cheat utility released

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next person to post any tech support issue related to games which have been altered by cheats, is getting banned from the site.

Phantom, this goes double for you. I just deleted one of your threads.

First warning

Last warning

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

Does anyone know what to put to hav a Guest or Prisoner on he ship I have been trying and it won't do it. I guess I haven't word it right.

Did you try :

// puts 2 intruders on the bridge and 1 on deck3 mid corridor

create intruder 3

create intruder 3

create intruder 14

// puts the guest, John Doe, in the guest qtrs

create guest "john doe" 12

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

That works for me, I can put guests on my ship that way.

Playmod works fine for me...except anytime I run it my new 'modded' game will CTD within a relatively short period of time of being loaded.

Not sure why.

Idaho

quote:

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho:

That works for me, I can put guests on my ship that way.

Playmod works fine for me...except anytime I run it my new 'modded' game will CTD within a relatively short period of time of being loaded.

Not sure why.

Idaho

If you have a game that you used Playmod on and it crashes, I'd like to know which commands you used, where and when it crashed. This way I can look into it. A saved game would be nice too.

Guest Fox__Trot

Earlyer I asked why AI mandorians can fly stormcarriers and IM not letting it go

I wanted to know in the future of playmod or some other editing utility Could I change my ship from a Mandorian *Any ship here* and change it to a stormcarrier? Please say yes please oh please!!!

Oh one thing Im running Windows 2000 professional and I cant time elapse in playmod I get the message Playmod has cause an error and will be shut down An error log has been created any ideas?

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Fox__Trot ]

SC,

Okay, I've shipped a save game/default profile as you asked, and I've also sent the batch file I used to run Playmod. Hope this helps track down the problem, though I'm doing well without Playmod.

Hope I followed the instructions, heheh.

Idaho

quote:

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho:

SC,

Okay, I've shipped a save game/default profile as you asked, and I've also sent the batch file I used to run Playmod. Hope this helps track down the problem, though I'm doing well without Playmod.

Hope I followed the instructions, heheh.

Idaho

Got it. Yep, you followed the instructions. Will let you know once I find time to look into this weekend.

quote:

Originally posted by Fox__Trot:

Earlyer I asked why AI mandorians can fly stormcarriers and IM not letting it go

I wanted to know in the future of playmod or some other editing utility Could I change my ship from a Mandorian *Any ship here* and change it to a stormcarrier? Please say yes please oh please!!!

Oh one thing Im running Windows 2000 professional and I cant time elapse in playmod I get the message Playmod has cause an error and will be shut down An error log has been created any ideas?

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Fox__Trot ]

Changing the asset won't work because you have to create a profile *first* before you can use Playmod to change it.

If you want to use any asset, wait for the release of the GBS-II tools and you can change it with one script instruction and in any scenario you wish (including ROAM or ACM)

As for elapse_time, it works fine here (just tried it).

If you are interested, I have a modified save game where I only changed the amout of money I had. Problem : takes an ETERNITY to load. When I'm loading the game, I can read the names of the locations being loaded 5-10 times before it changes when it's at mondialz

Normally loading takes a few seconds, now I pressed the reset buton on my computer after 15 minutes, since alt-tab and ctrl-alt-del didn't seemed to work.

So do you want my save?

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

I tried using the Guest/Intruder thing that was posted, but even though the person is in the Guest Quarters they are an Intruder.

Did you use the correct identifier? They are different for guests and intruders.

If I were an intruder, I would head straight for guest quarters for the room service, massages, and 24-hour nutripak buffet!

Of course, I don't think the marine masseuses would be exactly friendly -- the working of the muscles would probably be better described as "tenderising".

[rp]

- Well well mister intruder 4. The detention hold was destroyed while in combat, so you will be relocated to the guest quarters...

- Alright!

- ...but to prevent any fun we sent resnig in it with you. Enjoy your stay.

- Oh cr*p... can I repair the brig?

[/rp]

• 2 months later...

SC-a couple things i have found using playmod, and i don't see them mentioned above, so I'm not sure if it applies to playmod, or if it's game-wide (haven't tested it without playmod, sorry).

i've noticed that (have only tried this with the aestrom CC in both roam and campaign mode) the research engineer will confuse the ENM with the karanian reactor, when you don't buy the reactor. i've gone to a space station, after using cheat 1 to make everyone more intelligent than they deserve and then give myself enough cash to buy some extra STS missiles, and the artifacts. i don't bother buying the TA shield, or the reactor, since i can't install them on the aestrom...but seconds later, the research engineer says "Trying to Configure the Karanian Reactor" even when it's not in my cargo...i go and purchase the reactor, and i get a message that the enhanced navigation module has been configured (after getting message that the karanian reactor has been configured, but nothing about the nav module).

also...i have noticed that sometimes, the HSD sometimes gets installed correctly, and sometimes doesn't. is this due to the difficulty of the artifact? the research engineer says that it has been installed, but when i put the mouse over LOC ______ it doesn't say HSD. this might be caused by the simple fact that i am using playmod, but i'm not using playmod to create the artifacts...just wondering if you have any ideas.