Playmod cheat utility released

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by dorrin22:

SC-a couple things i have found using playmod, and i don't see them mentioned above, so I'm not sure if it applies to playmod, or if it's game-wide (haven't tested it without playmod, sorry).

Its nothing to do with Playmod. Its a bug that has now been fixed. Check the VCF.

two tips in one day...think my head's gonna explode.

sorry sc, forgot to check the VCM, since the only patch I have is 1.0.07 or however it's phrased...hmm...note to self...open new IE window...yup, i said it correctly.

when is the other patch going to be released? is there a known date yet, or do we get to just drool over the VCM for things that are going to be fixed?

Not quite sure where to post this, but since I am not sure what caused it, I hope I don't get in trouble for putting it here. Somehow, my combat engineer automatically loaded "FPI-PSU" into one of my CC's weapon slots...is there anyway to get that out of there, or am I stuck having only 19 missile slots now?

quote:

when is the other patch going to be released? is there a known date yet, or do we get to just drool over the VCM for things that are going to be fixed?

I was going to release it when I've verified and fixed a few more of the issues listed in the VCF. Since I'm working on BCM and XP1 simultaneously, whatever is fixed is one has to be reflected in the other (since they share the same kernel) - hence the delay.

Anyway, perhaps I will release a patch by next week, regardless.

quote:

should i ask again concerning the whole missile slot taken up by a FPI item, or should i stop posting about it?

Was it caused by Playmod? No

Is this the forum for it? No

Did it occur to you that I didn't respond to it in here because of the above two questions? Probably not.

Post in here again about it and I will revoke your posting rights.

And fix that that damn sig. Another example of your NOT paying attention. It never DID occur to you that it was incorrect, did it?

[ 04-15-2002, 09:18: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

system profile should be correct now, sorry that i didn't check it last night when i first set it up, sc.

concerning the missile issue, i don't know if it's playmod related, since i used playmod to set the officers' ai to 100...which is why i posted it here. but i'll just go back to search, and see if i can't figure out where that problem should go...

sorry for misposting.

[ 04-15-2002, 14:34: Message edited by: dorrin22 ]

• 3 months later...

quote:

I have released a 1.0.08 RC15 compatible version of Playmod.

And It works like a charm SC

I am rich , powerful, but not too famous,

and extrremly kick #ss

and it seems to work with 1008 rc17

[ 08-15-2002, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Buzz ]

I dont get it...Ive tried it and I havent made the cheat thing work...what am I doing wrong (I know im doing something wrong...its not the cheat thing)

OK I downloaded the file to the BCM folder..then unziped it and placed the files in the folder...Then I played a game (named frank) and quite. I double click the file and then played the game again....nothing....what am i supposed to do?

quote:

I dont get it...Ive tried it and I havent made the cheat thing work...what am I doing wrong (I know im doing something wrong...its not the cheat thing)

Here's what I do to use playmod

1) in game do a quick save

2)then do a full save and exit

3)use your playmod from a dos window

4) launch the game then click on RESUME

I'm still using the playmod RC15 and although you

have to put in each cheat it works like a charm

Hope this helps Unforgivin_Killer

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to rez this topic. But im a little confused..

I set the cheat to give me ONLY money, but instead it gives me money,fleet command, full AI, all Artifacts.

How do I get it to only give me money? thats the only thing I altered in the playmod.txt file.

Or did I do the processdor(SP) totaly wrong?

(SP) means spell error

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Sorry to rez this topic. But im a little confused..

I set the cheat to give me ONLY money, but instead it gives me money,fleet command, full AI, all Artifacts.

How do I get it to only give me money? thats the only thing I altered in the playmod.txt file.

Or did I do the processdor(SP) totaly wrong?

(SP) means spell error

If you're running from the command line, or batch file:

playmod set finances (amount)

If you're using a cmd file, just put this line in the command file:

set finances (amount)

You don't need "set cheat x". I'd rather set the options myself, personally.

Read the readme. Then read it again. When you unzip playmod, it's under docs, as "playmod.txt". Then try to use the information in there to set your own batch file or cmd file (cmd files load the cheats faster and such). Then read the readme again.

And then lather, rinse, repeat. Seriously. That's how I learned how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I can't stand cheating, it takes away from the game so much that it makes it almost pointless to play. I know a lot of people cheat online with games like Halflife(Counter Strike and DOD) And other FPS Games. I take joy in killing these hackers with my bare skills and if any people start to cheat online in BC I will take that same joy in destroying them. I hope (I know) That SC will keep that in mind when he creates online play

quote:

Originally posted by Serondal:

I can't stand cheating, it takes away from the game so much that it makes it almost pointless to play. I know a lot of people cheat online with games like Halflife(Counter Strike and DOD) And other FPS Games. I take joy in killing these hackers with my bare skills and if any people start to cheat online in BC I will take that same joy in destroying them. I hope (I know) That SC will keep that in mind when he creates online play

Its OK to cheat. I have 2 installs of BCM, one full screen normal game, one cheat game playing in a window. I love to just take a bunch of battlecruisers and attack an enemy, watch the show. Its great fun. During the day, I will flip over to BCM, hyperspace to a few enemies, and blow them away with some battlecruisers.

So, go ahead, cheat, have fun, that way you really do get the most out of the game, playing it normally, then having a seperate install to go crazy with every once in a while.

Has anyone wondered why SC releases cheats for his own game? I have thought 3 possible reasons:

1) "Why bother searching the net for cheats? I'll give them to you, myself!"

2) "Would you like to see NOW the game's full potential and possibilities? Here's a way!"

3) "Don't you have enough courage, or patience, to come into operations theater as a common mortal? Well get in as an immortal, even if you don't deserve it!"