If and when we can mod...

weegee_101

...Who wants to endeavor with me on a Star Trek mod. I'm thinking PAST TNG like around the end of the Voyager series because TOS has been over done with mods. I know that there is a posiblity that we won't be able to mod the assets, but hey, wishful thinking.

Yea, it won't happen.

I was thinking of about it, and I thought of several things that make it impossible.

- Chances are we won't be able to mod weapons

- If we can mod weapons, I doubt we can discriminate what race/caste can use them (a.k.a. Feds have phasers, yet Klingons have distruptors, and roms have plasmas, etc. etc.)

Although, I wish we could. I also thought about how then we would be able to see Resnig in one of those red shirts if it was TOS.

Sheesh guys, you give up too easily. Assuming we can't do a *complete* B5 mod(sounds, faces, weapons, hyperspace effect, etc), start with a "just for looks" mod. Find some B5 models from other games, and convert them to .3ds format. I already have models of the station and fighters in .OPT format for X-Wing Alliance and .mex format for HomeWorld.

Of course, this is probably easier said than done...

I personally like the full-effect mod.

I like the B5 mod idea, but then again, thats a lot easier than a Star Trek mod would be. I mean, you've got turret capability and everything in this game, and turrets on a Galaxy Class Heavy Cruiser wouldn't look too cool.

Chances are I'll probably end up just making missions for BCM, not full blown mods.

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

Sheesh guys, you give up too easily. Assuming we can't do a *complete* B5 mod(sounds, faces, weapons, hyperspace effect, etc), start with a "just for looks" mod. Find some B5 models from other games, and convert them to .3ds format. I already have models of the station and fighters in .OPT format for X-Wing Alliance and .mex format for HomeWorld.

Of course, this is probably easier said than done...

We can do a really good MOD though. You can do sounds, models, and crew/NPC pics (useful if you're making missions). Yes, crew/NPC pics; that means you could turn Resnig to Spock, with the click of a mouse.

I'll join one of the teams (I don't care which one--B5 or Star Trek) if you'd like. I can do 2D Images and Sounds (if you can get me someplace with images and sounds from whatever show or movie you're doing).

Also, since I've tweaked with my BCM enough, I could set up an installer, too.

Replacing sounds is as easy as finding what sound you want to replace (it'll be in a zip file), and then naming your file the same thing and putting it into the same directory as the zip file. Same with images. If you've got people scripting, and people doing the models, if you could coordinate them to send their work (when final) to me, with filenames (like soundfxofficersco.zipBCV91OCO.wav) or descriptions of what they want to replace (like Resnig:"Marines assigned to search duty"), I could have a working installer set up. You'll see.

Still easier said than done, but I could be a great asset to you guys. Any takers? See my contact info in my profile.