Script Type

Thomas Braun

You cannot Mod BCM using GBS-II. You can only script and parse campaigns, missions, or scenarios. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't confuse GBS-II scripting with modding. Two different animals with no relation to each other.

If you can code, then you can script. same priciple, different syntax.

And BTW, I can't code but I can make some killer scripts

TTFN

[ 01-28-2002, 19:34: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Sorry about the scripting - modding confusion.

I was more wondering what language it is that GBS is using, is it VBScript (or some derivitive) or is it a scripting language all by itself. I think the only other game I have played with scripting in is Tribes 2 and it used VC++ (I think).

But, according to some of the SC's comments on this bord,like here

it seems that modding will be very possible through the use of GBS II and some simple INI file editing. Unless I am really misreading this or something has changed since these posts).

[ 01-28-2002, 21:38: Message edited by: T-WOPR ]

• 2 weeks later...

SC, I don't know much about Python or LUA, but as soon as you said "Python" I am intrigued. Why?

Because Python is one of the languages supported by the Microsoft .NET Framework's CLR (common language runtime).

Is there any chance that this BCO scripting will be exposed in the form of a object class library capable of interfacing with Python via the CLR, thus blowing open scripting to not just Python, but Managed C++, C#, Cobol(!) and so on?

And before you accuse me of it, yes I'm insane.