Ship skins

Duncan Idaho

Hiya,

Mentioned to SC I have some skins I made for ships, some colorful, some with more detailing. I'm pretty proud of a few of them. He thought I should mention them here, since I don't have any webspace to offer them up on.

Of note: I haven't really changed the ships, all details are there. I just added color, and darkened some panels and stuff. You'd have to see them. They look very sharp! (Although maybe the purple megaron wasn't that great an idea, or the pink and blue Sunflash, but they are among only a few questionable ones I think heheh).

Anyway, if anyone has any interest, drop me a line, or respond here. I do have some screenshots if anyone wants to see them. I think I have about 10 skins so far, including 2 Megaron skins, a BCMk2 skin (blue and grey/silver, wicked beautiful), 3 Starwarrior skins (one of these is my current favorite), 2 Questar skins, 3 Solnar skins, and one (questionable) Sunflash skin.

Idaho

I would like to see all the skins, or at least the BCMK2 skin at the very least.

I'm personaly looking forward to fighter and personell skins, like a whole gammulan crew for instanc.

How can I get these screenies to you all?

And, for the record, pink and blue or not, I actually use my 'questionable' Sunflash.

As for the skins, I've zipped them up, so they're ready to roll out for anyone who wants a look.

I've also done a number of 'drop in' crew replacements. One is all supermodels (Michelle Behennah, Karen Ferarri, Aurelie Claudel and others), another is all Anime characters. (And for the record, Resnig looks pretty dumb in all of them, appropriately).

Ahh well, back to the game! There are STILL insurgents on the moon, and I mean to fix that. Heheh!

Idaho

Xeno,

Sent what you asked for. Hope you like.

KreKol,

I'll send those screenshots there. I'm lacking a few, so I'll send what I have. I reinstalled BCM to patch tonight, and forgot to save my other shots heheh.

I'll get the rest of the screens to you as soon as possible. Thanks, too!

Idaho

Heheh,

I'm still working on them, been playing around with colors, but the latest I did was the Starwarrior, and you can probably tell I went for a more 'military' appearance on that.

I'd have to say my other favorites are the BCMk2 and the Questar.

Those shots are heavily compressed, so they don't do the actual skins justice I'm afraid. ^^;

Anyway, if anyone wants any of those, or the others I have/am making, send a shout until I find someplace to put them.

Idaho

quote:

I'm personaly looking forward to fighter and personell skins, like a whole gammulan crew for instanc.

For that to work everybody you are playing MP with would have to have a copy of your skin. Or ( Like Half-Life tags) the server (like this is really going to happen) would have to accept the information from you. There is always the chance that SC will set it up so if you have changed files in your game, it will not allow you to connect to a server.

Idaho, keep sending them to me and I will post them. If I could hunt down my brother I would have unlimited space for you to put your pics up. He found himself a woman ( I was starting to wonder about him) and now getting a hold of him is almost impossible.

[ 02-28-2002, 11:15: Message edited by: KreKol ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I'll probably support downloadable skins in mp; though they will only affect your own assets.

Yeah, I'll make yellow skins so I can see everyone more clearly

I see that it's a bad move. I would like better to see custom skins that are automatically uploaded/downloaded so everyone see them... much easier to put tags and logos and have squadron/fleet colors

I can see it now.. Wraith ships being black and dark blue... blood-red gammulan vessels, black and red insurgent vessels, etc...

Okay, now I'm a little confused. Derek says that it will affect your own assets. But that's not every asset... that's just your own assets. However, the general view (and indeed, the current functionality) is that it will affect every asset on your personal computer.

...so, will there eventually be capacity to only choose a certain skin for your craft, even on your own PC, and only have the changes take for your own craft?

Just a little brainfart, is all... I mean, I wouldn't want to replace all Questars on my PC with police livery -- only a certain police ship can wear my certain police colours.

(No, this isn't a feature request. Just a question.)

Hi,

I just finished a new skin, it's a high contrast military Sunflash. It's pretty darn sharp I think.

There should be a screenshot posted shortly, if anyone wants this skin, let me know, I'll send it. I'm making some more like this one, as well. Will get screenshots as I can.

Idaho

I like the ones with the flames on the wings. Perhaps I'll ask for those soon when I go back to 'carrier duty'.

Just can't get enough of 'zooming around the galaxy', as opposed to crawling.

Idaho