What kind of mod would you like to see in BCM?

While we await the release of GBS-II and MP, i would like to hear about what kind of mods people would like to see/make

I myself want longer battles so when GBS2 is released i'll start to train and when ready i'll prepare a mod to modify the shields, at least give ships shields that are 4x or 6x stronger (even if that means to rewrite every ship numbers and the upgrades and artifacts, etc)

I would also like to modify HyperJump transit times to make them faster....

Just my 2 cents

Laracuente Over and out

[ 08-18-2002, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr_ Laracuente ]

quote:

While we await the release of GBS-II and MP, i would like to hear about what kind of mods people would like to see/make

how about a McDonalds drive through space station

skins skins skins more colorful with the ability to put squad markings on the wings fins etc...

BCM is right for me, no B5, no star trek, etc, i just want to see/do a BCM enhaced mod, what do you think of this? what things would you add/change/improve from the original BCM...

Lets heat this up so that the SC remembers that he owes us something!

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr_ Laracuente:

...i'll prepare a mod to modify the shields, at least give ships shields that are 4x or 6x stronger (even if that means to rewrite every ship numbers and the upgrades and artifacts, etc)

Just my 2 cents

Laracuente Over and out

First of all dl GBS I here , study the manual so that you know what gbs is capable to do. Then study the VCF's sections that deals with GBS II changes and you have pretty good impression what you can and what you can't do with it. After that you'll know that it is not capable to do above mentioned, sorry.

[ 08-19-2002, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Papi ]

quote:

Yeah, thats a good idea. If you want to unbalance the game's ships stats. Whatever change you make to a ship's dynamics, affects ALL ships - even those that the NPCs use.

quote:

After that you'll know that it is not capable to do above mentioned, sorry.

Well, amen to that then

I sticked practicing with the GBS for the past 2 days and it seems fairly simple, if in GBS2 we can't alter those things that i mentioned well.... at least i have great ideas for a few campaigns

quote:

Yeah, thats a good idea. If you want to unbalance the game's ships stats. Whatever change you make to a ship's dynamics, affects ALL ships - even those that the NPCs use.

Thats the idea, to to change it for every ship and for everyone that uses them (human and AI)

And i ment changing HJ in overall(all ships take half the time,etc), not to specific ships

But since it cannot be done, well, Amen

[ 08-19-2002, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr_ Laracuente ]

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

After that you'll know that it is not capable to do above mentioned, sorry.

Actually he can do both in BCM*, quite easily - IF he knows how to do it. Its just a matter of modifying the parameters in the OBJDEFS.SCR file. That file is called OBJECTS.SCR in BC3K btw

*in BC3K you can only modify the shields, since the individual HJ timer/transaction only first appeared in BCM.

[ 08-20-2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Well, thats great, then i'll keep practicing since so far now i've made good progress making simple scripts for bc3k...

If i only got to modify a file it seems better, i'll see what i can come up with

Thank god i kept that free bc3k 2.09 with me, i can't imagine myself downloading it again

Hey boys, good news, i found the file and the values are very easy to identify....

You can change a lot of thing (like the speed of the ships, its shields , armor and even its missile reload time, and alot more) This is BC3k of course, when i open the one in bcm with any program(notepad and the like) a lot of squares appear ,

By the way SC, i saw an object called paingiver above the stormcarrier and it is described as an attack carrier... i never knew that existed

Oh yea how about a name and/or picture editor so we can take our friends/ family (or maybe not our friends )

on our tours

I'd also like to see the ability to pick quantity's of thing whether it be iridium,pilots

or ships under my control

quote:

I myself want longer battles so when GBS2 is released i'll start to train and when ready i'll prepare a mod to modify the shields, at least give ships shields that are 4x or 6x stronger (even if that means to rewrite every ship numbers and the upgrades and artifacts, etc)

*grin* I'M way ahead of you, I have almost all the data i need to do something like that when the gbs gets out, and I know I can do it all, I asked to several people (including derek himself) several times

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

On the contrary! It doesn't unbalance the game , it only makes a different balance .. if you see what I mean. That is, of course, unless you make a ships slow and sluggy, and one of them uber-powerful. But then again, you may never know

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

On the contrary! It doesn't unbalance the game , it only makes a different balance .. if you see what I mean.

Rubbish. It does unbalance the game. Whether or not it is a different kind of balance, is irrelevant. It was done for a reason, otherwise I wouldnt' have done it, would I?

Yes, I DO more than you. I designed it. Input those values. Tweaked it over several months. And I don't plan on changing it.

im having fun in single player as galcom. wonder if i shouldnt switch for multiplayer. or play two

you can have your big stormcarrier...ill keep my puny cruiser. That's why when you're cloaking to save yourself from the fury of my PTA. I'll be destroying everything else alive which you're supposed to protect. Just a note to cloak freaks...ahem

What I wanted to do was fix it up where every CC carried at least 1 of each Shuttle Craft.(If possible), and each shuttle craft used for a different purpose.

Say, the Mk1 could be a nicely armored dropship. Top speed with sub-light engines say, close to 3000. Get in, get out, and go home. But, the downside to its high sub light speed, would be almost no cargo capacity, and probably very long hyperdrive times, or no hyperdrive. It could carry, say, 30 or 40 people(overkill, I know), and it would be armored and probably sheilded to where you would be able to fly in on them, get into the middle of the base, and drop the marines off. Maybe enough to get out, barely.

The Mk2, could be probably a decent shuttle. Used to transport supplies from place to place, say a CC and a Station. It would have probably the normal armor and sheilds, and about the same HJ time. But the main difference is that it can't carry more than 10 people, and it can't carry an OC, but it has a larger capacity(say, what the Mk1 has origionally). It would make a pathetic dropship, but you can drop off a mining drone.

The Mk3, I dunno about..maybe an escape pod of sorts. 20 some odd personel, lots of cargo area(or none, if that balances it better), no mining drone or OC. It would probably have minimal sheilds, no HJ(maybe give it HJ), and either a low speed(think Stormcarrier) or origional speed. Basically, it is to get you and some valuable personel out and away of the ship quickly. Like if there is alot of radiation, get your more valuable personel out into the shuttle, and tow it to a Station for repairs. Dont want your officers(well, except Resnig, unless he has high AI) to die of radiation.

Another possibility for the Mk3 would be maybe 5 or so passengers, no cargo, no drone or OC, and very fast sub light engines. say, 4k or so. Almost no armor or sheilds, a long HJ time, and it's use would be to tow the CC to safety, in case of a radiation leak or extensive damage to the ship.

Then again, balancing isn't my area.

I'd also like to make a fighter like the Swordfish 2 from Cowboy Bebop, in a way. I doubt it would be possible to get that really powerful Plasma cannon on it, even though it would have a super long recharge time, but it would have a really quick roll rate, decent speed(able to keep up with all but the fastest CC), and a long HJ time, like 45 seconds or so. Or something like that.

Actually it would be pretty sweet to give the Stormcarrier the hyperjump speed of a fighter, and the firepower 10X...

It could be the BCM version of the Borg...