Upcoming models i'm working on

Well, i have a picture of a ship i'm working on, i would like to post it but i don't know were i can host it... Maybe any of you out there can host it in their website...

A little preview:

1400+ polys (currently working on it to get the best results vs poly count)

The model is still far from completion, i still have to do some adjustments and it is still untextured. BTW, does anybody know a good place where i can fid good textures for spaceships, i'll be using those from bcm meanwhile.

Now, i'm waiting for someone to reply to se if he/she can host it?

P.S. i am working on several other models also, when they are near completion i'll post some pics

P.P.S still waiting for someone to host the picture:D

They dont accept more than 45 kb and i mine is 900kb!!!!!!!!, i'll try to change format to something smaller

EDIT: I did it, its in png now.Remember that the model is still untextured, and is also far from completion, also note that i'm a rook modeller who got his 3d studio max box a few weeks ago so don't criticize me because it's ugly or something

DELETED. NO embedded images on this board

I'll post the textured version when i get back from the u.s on monday... Please, share your comments and thoughts so i can improve the ship and my modeling skills.

P.S. : I'm still needing a place to find good spaceships textures

Enjoy

[ 10-17-2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Looking good

As for a good of space ship textures... I find BCM to be an excellent source since reusing game textures means that people don't have to download them. There's a few sources around that have generic hull textures and most of the useful ones cost $$$. And of course there's painst shop pro which works nicely in creating them from scratch.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr_ Laracuente:

Well, i have a picture of a ship i'm working on, i would like to post it but i don't know were i can host it... Maybe any of you out there can host it in their website...

I've got some room to spare.

I'll send you a PM tonight about the details.

quote:

Sorry for the inconvenience SC... i didn't know that rule

Small pics are OK, but not such large ones. Most people are on dialup and the page will load a lot slower if it has embedded graphics in it.

oki'll post only 2 pics then, at resolutions as low as i can (their size doesn't go higher than 3-4kb) so here the are... BTW, Riga is gonna let me post pictures on the intercorp website so when i get authorization will put them there in higher resolutions.

Here they are:

Note that they are textured but without too much precision so it doesn't look like it should. It's just that i got frustrated trying to put decent textures on it with precision and they didn't match... I'lll change them when i build new ones

fighter1%20textured%202.jpg

fighter1%20textured.jpg

The total size is like 8k so no need to worry 56k'ers

Enjoy

I'm glad you liked it, i might leave it like that for a while since it looks good as it is right now. It's just that making the materials from scratch is a bit time consuming, so i will divide the short daily hours i spend in these things like this: 75%modeling 25%making the materials (textures). (i prefer modeling, its more fun )

Hey litvyak, paintshop is a great program, borrowed it yesterday and it is very easy to use but i still have to get used to it...

If i have time i will post a small pic of another model i'm currently working on

Cheers

[ 10-18-2002, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr_ Laracuente ]

quote:

Hey litvyak, paintshop is a great program, borrowed it yesterday and it is very easy to use but i still have to get used to it...

Yep... probably the best I've found for painting textures from scratch. Though I have to use Photoshop for a few things that PSP doesn't handle or that Photoshop handles easier.

Inbound, Inbound!!!

mercy_textured1.jpg

mercy_fighter2.jpg

Still unfinished, the textures are just samples since i'm going to build them from scratch for my models

801 polys total

Well, these are the last pics i'm going to post so that 56k'ers don't feel the pain Any new ones will go into the intercorp website

BTW, the name is Mercy and the previous one that i had posted name is hunter

• 3 weeks later...

Who wants cake?!?

Aegis_textured_unfinished.jpg

Aegis_textured_unfinished2.jpg

Aegis Battleship (low polygon-version)

Higher polygon versions will be made for a Haegemonia mod that i'm preparing.

It doesn't look the way i wanted it to, but building textures is a big pain i will take some time to make them better.

Special thanks to my 10 year old brother who gave me ideas for the shape of the model, etc...

Expect improved versions of all models + new ones in the near future.

quote:

oki'll post only 2 pics then, at resolutions as low as i can (their size doesn't go higher than 3-4kb) so here the are... BTW, Riga is gonna let me post pictures on the intercorp website so when i get authorization will put them there in higher resolutions.

Here they are:

Note that they are textured but without too much precision so it doesn't look like it should. It's just that i got frustrated trying to put decent textures on it with precision and they didn't match... I'lll change them when i build new ones

fighter1%20textured%202.jpg

fighter1%20textured.jpg

The total size is like 8k so no need to worry 56k'ers

Enjoy

in my opinion this fighter looks alot like the upcoming F-22 Raptor jet.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

quote:

in my opinion this fighter looks alot like the upcoming F-22 Raptor jet.

You must be joking. None of those 2 ressemble any fighter out there. And the f22 has triangular wings and double angled tail. Take a look for youself.

Get informed

lol guess iw asn't thinknig straight.

*goes in a room and starts smoking*