Upcoming models i'm working on

quote:

I would make a ship that would beat all your ships. Only 2 problems

1 Im not good at 3d modeling

2 I wouldent know how to put in in the game after i made it.

LOL, and thus the problem

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr_ Laracuente:

with BCstudio, but AFAIK there are only exporters for 3d studio max 2 and 3. And i use max 5 .

I hope the SC makes the plugin work for max 5 so i can put my ships into it.

I have no plans to create plugins for any other versions of Max, apart from MAX 2/3.

BCG has plugins for MAX 2/3/4, but not 5 (I have not upgraded yet - and don't plan to).

what's that?

Maybe you should consider buying a known program like milkshape 3d (which is very cheap, like US$20 if i am not mistaken) or you could go with 3dstudio max(assuming you have nothing to do with your money since it costs some big $$)

Well, no problem SC, luckily my father uses max 4 in his office so maybe i wii put the models in BCG. I will also take the advantage of the high-detail textures of BCG using them in yhese models...

BTW, i'm finishing my english school in the coming months, that means that there is a small chance that i might take that free time to build a huge Star Wars total conversion of this game with a small of modellers i have around here. Remember: Possibility TM

Thanks for wasting your time reading all that crap i wrote

[ 11-11-2002, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr_ Laracuente ]

modeling is kinda easy when you get used to it... though you have to work to come up with something good. All these pics i've posted here are my first models of all time. They look good, and with that practice i'm improving them. It's a matter of growing your skills with practice.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, it's been a long time since i posted something... it's just that i took a long rest from modelling.

Now for some eyecandy:

Untextured incom T65 Xwing from star wars:

X-Wing

1341 polygons.

I hope you like it.

[ 01-01-2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr_ Laracuente ]

Strange... maybe it has something to do with the intercorp server since riga and i are the only ones who have seen it and we are the ones allowed to post there... dunno what's wrong.

quote:

Laracuente: Nice model!

You haven't seen nothin yet, the revised version looks even better (the nose has been smoothed a bit and the body is being adjusted a bit.). And just wait until you see the star destroyer i'm working on.

The only thing that i need are textures...

I think you have a natural skill for making models. I know I couldn't do it even with the most advanced programs out there. I don't have a mind for visual art work but you do! All of the models I have seen here are great!

I'm better at writing and creating stories and such as that. I wish I was on the BCG writing team I'd love to be able to create some backstory for it or even some ingame dialouge!

Glad You like it.

Now a big one:

It's a huge battleship that is going to be on my particular story. It's called Imperium class Galactic cruiser. No official size yet but the term huge shoulb be ok for now.

Go here to see it

Update: The first one to find out which textures i'm using for it will be rewarded with a cookie.

Hint: they're from BCM

[ 01-03-2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr_ Laracuente ]

• 5 weeks later...